Ive been really trying for the past week...or erm maybe a little longer *;) to get a rosetta,.. and while I was previously making rosetta tree-like designs on top with foam,..after watching a YouTube vid or three about a week ago,.. I realised that the rosettas arent created by drawing on the surface as such.. so trying to apply the technique I saw in the vids for this past week,.. I have not created even one that looks more than if a pelican had a dump in my cup. It was so frustrating and I nearly gave up >:( ;D
Just now I made two doubles in mugs,..first for hubby and oooh aaar...it kinda looked like the beginnings of a rosetta.... then for mine....a little extra care taken to foam well,... moved the grind dial another notch finer and hoooraay!,.I finally found the sweet spot on my grinder after changing the part and getting the dosing/tamping right thanks to TG. The pressure dial behaved beautifully, though the shot was a little long using the double auto button (will leave all variables as they are now and just use manual button from now on)... but despite the long-ish pour,.. it all came together in the cup and even my rosetta was the best one I have done so far without drawing on top. Very exciting!! *:)
Here it is,.. you can just see the leaf like pattern coming in.