Thread: via venezia mushroom valve holde

via venezia mushroom valve holde

Hi I'm having issues finding a matching (brass) mushroom valve holder for my hugely overworked via venezia model 006xn.
    I have found stainless ones online but have read that they are not for my model. my mushroom valve holder has seized and the slot to remove it has rounded out
    I will have to damage it to remove it does anyone know where i can find a brass valve holder or a compatible stainless one
    many thanks
    Hamish

Hi Hamish,
    I think I'm in a similar position as you, I wanted to do a bit of a tune up like on the SCG youtube video as I hadn't given it a look over since getting it almost two years ago. I might add though that there weren't any issues with it but I just wanted to make sure.
    I couldn't get the initial screw undone from the shower screen so I ended up take it to a mr fixit place and we spent a couple of hours drilling it out. Managed to get that off but then was confronted with the brass screw holding in the silicon spring valve. Decided to just replace the black rubber seal and shower screen and live with the other until I have no other option.

From what I could find out it would probably be advised to take it to a saeco repairer or a good espresso machine servicer and they would probaly end up replacing part of the boiler which has the valve and screw in it. Not sure of the cost whether it's more than the machine is or not? If so I'd just get another machine second hand.
    Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoffy View Post
    Hi Hamish,
    I think I'm in a similar position as you, I wanted to do a bit of a tune up like on the SCG youtube video as I hadn't given it a look over since getting it almost two years ago. I might add though that there weren't any issues with it but I just wanted to make sure.
    I couldn't get the initial screw undone from the shower screen so I ended up take it to a mr fixit place and we spent a couple of hours drilling it out. Managed to get that off but then was confronted with the brass screw holding in the silicon spring valve. Decided to just replace the black rubber seal and shower screen and live with the other until I have no other option.

From what I could find out it would probably be advised to take it to a saeco repairer or a good espresso machine servicer and they would probaly end up replacing part of the boiler which has the valve and screw in it. Not sure of the cost whether it's more than the machine is or not? If so I'd just get another machine second hand.
    Chris.
    Hi,
    I'm wondering if you found a solution to this? I'm having the same issues, my valve is leaking (when in steam mode the pressure increases on the group head, sometimes blowing coffee everywhere when I try to remove it). I have the replacement parts but cannot remove the brass fitting. I have drilled a hole in the bottom place so I can reach it with a REALLY big screwdriver, but it is impossible to turn. I'm worried the brass fitting will be worn too much to open if I keep trying (it is so tight the first screwdriver handle snapped from torsion!). I don't know if the high pressure from the leaking steam has stuck it in tighter ?
    Any ideas out there on way to remove these?

Cheers, Colin

watch the video - 8:10 shows how to do it....make sure the screwdriver is wide enough! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L53Qw5PydH0