Thread: Sunbeam Cafe Crema II EM4820 - steam select button turns machine off

Sunbeam Cafe Crema II EM4820 - steam select button turns machine off

Hello all,

Title says it all.

The last two times I used the machine, I found it took ages to get the milk up to temperature. I guessed it need a descale.

Mixed up the vinegar solution, following the instruction booklet and did the cleaning process.

Refilled the tank after finishing the solution and cleaning it out. Replaced the water tank, turned on the machine and ran the water through the brewing head. All okay.

Turned the knob to preheat, pressed the steam selector and the machine turned off. Tried it again and the same thing.

If the machine is off and I press the steam selector, it turns on.

It is quite odd considering it was working through the cleaning process and now it's doing this.

Any ideas? Any help would be appreciated.

A quick update, after almost a full day of being off, I turned it on today, and it allowed me to press the button to switch it to steam!

It has made a full cup of coffee without turning off. However, the body of the unit still gets very whilst steaming the milk.

Any ideas as to what causes it?

Rbn
    Sadly no I don't. But wanted to make a comment, sounds a little like a "thermostat" failing. Could be wrong, there probably a little circuit board in there. My local repair agent seems very "on to it". I hope you have a good one near you.