Thread: Breville 800es brew head

Breville 800es brew head

Hi all,

first time post and hoping someone can please help or point me in the right direction. I have an 800es that has seen very little use, had been sitting for a few years with no use at all. I attempted to use it today however I canít get anything out of the brew head. There is steam and water coming out of the wand though. Ive removed the shower screen and have tried to run without it, still nothing. The pump comes on, water is feeding as itís coming out of the return. Seems to be blocked somewhere between the feed and brew head. Any thoughts?

Cheers,
    Steve

Thermoblock blocked. 3 way (2 way?) Solonoid blocked.
    You might need to pull some brew path hoses off and check for flow then.

Maybe a syringe with a hose on it. Connect it into feed side of thermoblock and try to pass some water through.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackster View Post
    Maybe a syringe with a hose on it. Connect it into feed side of thermoblock and try to pass some water through.
    Thanks Jackster, will give it a try. First time attempting to pull one of these apart so will do my best!

Im still using my 800es. But havent had the cover off it i dont think...
    Oh, of couse i did. Mine had a dodgy brew switch. It wouldnt work when you wanted it to and did work when you didnt want it...was a cracked track on the main board.
    Its been good other than that....
    Cant remember what it looked like inside though.

Still waiting for my leaky musica repair job to arrive...wont ever plug the 800 in after that is going.