Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree241Likes

Thread: ECM Synchronika

2 hole tip? get a 3 hole or drill another 1mm hole in the centre. Made mine much better.
    Casa Espresso and Magic_Matt like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bowser View Post
    2 hole tip? get a 3 hole or drill another 1mm hole in the centre. Made mine much better.
    This, makes a massive difference. ECM make a 4-hole tip, I sourced a 3-hole (standard tip with an additional hold drilled in the middle). It's been a good compromise between speed and power for my typical usage (steaming a small quantity of milk for a single 8oz flat white).
    Owlee likes this.

Or want itís worth I would change to a 3 or 4 hole tip. My last machine had a 2 hole tip. My machine now has a 4 hole tip and my milk has improved a lot. Theyíre not pricey so itís really worth trying out.

Finally all set up. After the dual boiler failed yet again I splurged and was assisted by some great help from Antony at casa espresso and also courtesy of an eBay sale.

It came to the office and I had to fly out for work for three days so only got to set it up this morning properly.

Off to Bunnings to get a drain hose for drip tray waste. Given Iíll be running off the water tank for the foreseeable future Iím going to get the drip tray waste into a water container as I hate emptying the drip tray often and canít plumb in the machine yet. Pretty sure a Bunnings hose can handle the waste into a container.

Big difference in operation from the breville and getting use to an e61 layout.

The OCD in me had to get all the matching accessories and the tamping station and knock box are fantastic. The bottomless portafilter was a given.

Quote Originally Posted by rusty888 View Post
    Finally all set up. After the dual boiler failed yet again I splurged and was assisted by some great help from Antony at casa espresso and also courtesy of an eBay sale.

It came to the office and I had to fly out for work for three days so only got to set it up this morning properly.

Off to Bunnings to get a drain hose for drip tray waste. Given Iíll be running off the water tank for the foreseeable future Iím going to get the drip tray waste into a water container as I hate emptying the drip tray often and canít plumb in the machine yet. Pretty sure a Bunnings hose can handle the waste into a container.

Big difference in operation from the breville and getting use to an e61 layout.

The OCD in me had to get all the matching accessories and the tamping station and knock box are fantastic. The bottomless portafilter was a given.

Nice setup - looks familiar!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234