Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree247Likes

Thread: ECM Synchronika

2 hole tip? get a 3 hole or drill another 1mm hole in the centre. Made mine much better.
    Casa Espresso and Magic_Matt like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bowser View Post
    2 hole tip? get a 3 hole or drill another 1mm hole in the centre. Made mine much better.
    This, makes a massive difference. ECM make a 4-hole tip, I sourced a 3-hole (standard tip with an additional hold drilled in the middle). It's been a good compromise between speed and power for my typical usage (steaming a small quantity of milk for a single 8oz flat white).
    Owlee likes this.

Or want itís worth I would change to a 3 or 4 hole tip. My last machine had a 2 hole tip. My machine now has a 4 hole tip and my milk has improved a lot. Theyíre not pricey so itís really worth trying out.

Finally all set up. After the dual boiler failed yet again I splurged and was assisted by some great help from Antony at casa espresso and also courtesy of an eBay sale.

It came to the office and I had to fly out for work for three days so only got to set it up this morning properly.

Off to Bunnings to get a drain hose for drip tray waste. Given Iíll be running off the water tank for the foreseeable future Iím going to get the drip tray waste into a water container as I hate emptying the drip tray often and canít plumb in the machine yet. Pretty sure a Bunnings hose can handle the waste into a container.

Big difference in operation from the breville and getting use to an e61 layout.

The OCD in me had to get all the matching accessories and the tamping station and knock box are fantastic. The bottomless portafilter was a given.

Quote Originally Posted by rusty888 View Post
    Finally all set up. After the dual boiler failed yet again I splurged and was assisted by some great help from Antony at casa espresso and also courtesy of an eBay sale.

It came to the office and I had to fly out for work for three days so only got to set it up this morning properly.

Off to Bunnings to get a drain hose for drip tray waste. Given Iíll be running off the water tank for the foreseeable future Iím going to get the drip tray waste into a water container as I hate emptying the drip tray often and canít plumb in the machine yet. Pretty sure a Bunnings hose can handle the waste into a container.

Big difference in operation from the breville and getting use to an e61 layout.

The OCD in me had to get all the matching accessories and the tamping station and knock box are fantastic. The bottomless portafilter was a given.

Nice setup - looks familiar!

Hi it’s been quite a few years since I last upgraded my coffee machine to a VBM/ Mazzer Jolly.
    It has been a great combination and huge jump over the old Silvia..... but after 7 years I would like a change.
    I am attracted to a quieter rotary pump and a grinder with a timer/hopper.

I had planned to buy a Rocket R58 but after research discovered the well regarded Profitec 700 and now the ECM syncro.
    While I am yet to see one in the flesh I am leaning towards the ECM/T64 combination. As an engineer I appreciate how these machines are built and ECM is superbly engineered to last using top quality components.

What I am yet to establish is whether the 5 grand investment produces a significantly better brew???
    I plan to pay Paul at KB visit and do the hard comparisons!

This thread has been a great help to confirm that ECM is a strong player.
    Last edited by warmtone; 18th May 2018 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Magic_Matt likes this.

love my sync.....
    Magic_Matt likes this.

Moving up from a Silvia the quality has certainly improved, not by orders of magnitude since the Silvia was quite capable of making a very good shot. Biggest step up for me is the consistency of obtaining that great shot. The Sync has allowed me to consistently produce what I am after in the cup.

I don't tinker vey much with temp but use the digital timer built into the display a lot. I really like the levers - they appeal to me a lot - to others not so much.

I too love this machine. In my eye she is a work of art. I've had the Sync for a year and you still can't wipe the smile off my dial.

Best advice is to try a few machines out and see which appeals to you. The Sync wasn't on my short list but once I saw her there was no going back.
    Magic_Matt likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by warmtone View Post
    Hi it’s been quite a few years since I last upgraded my coffee machine to a VBM/ Mazzer Jolly.
    It has been a great combination and huge jump over the old Silvia..... but after 7 years I would like a change.
    I am attracted to a quieter rotary pump and a grinder with a timer/hopper.

I had planned to buy a Rocket R58 but after research discovered the well regarded Profitec 700 and now the ECM syncro.
    While I am yet to see one in the flesh I am leaning towards the ECM/T64 combination. As an engineer I appreciate how these machines are built and ECM is superbly engineered to last using top quality components.

What I am yet to establish is whether the 5 grand investment produces a significantly better brew???
    I plan to pay Paul at KB visit and do the hard comparisons!

This thread has been a great help to confirm that ECM is a strong player.
    Hi warmtone,

As your local friendly CS sponsor you are more then welcome to come down to our showroom to view the ECM Synkronika.

We have one in stock on the bench.

Cheers

Antony
    www.casaespresso.com.au
    Magic_Matt likes this.

Hi warmtone, I too was in a dilema. I was sure I was going for profitec 700 and then either atom or t64 grinder but when I played with the synchronika the paddle style steam want did it for me. Also just a little nicer finish with steel, drip tray and handles.

I also went the titan t64 grinder and couldn't be happier. Super fast, great grinding and super sexy. I got it with shorter hopper which is really nice.

I went to casa espresso and Antony was very helpful. Lots of decisions to make but no regrets doubling down with the ECM range. Looks bloody amazing and coffee tastes awesome.

At this level of investment....be picky and test it out. Since your local to casa espresso go there and see in the flesh. But you won't go wrong with either profitec or ECM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234