• 1 Post By matth3wh
  • 2 Post By Magic_Matt
  • 1 Post By Coffeebike
  • 2 Post By Coffeebike
  • 1 Post By Pretzal

Thread: Value of pre-owned Speedster and Kony E

Value of pre-owned Speedster and Kony E

Hi All,

I have searched the forums but can't find any previous posts that help.

Wondering if anybody can advise on values of some equipment. I may be looking to sell one of my Speedsters, it is about 4 years old, the engine turned with black side panels, only about 100kg of coffee through it at most, superb condition, complete service last year, it has several VST baskets, multiple portafilters including a naked, all the accessories and manuals etc that came with it. What would be a fair price to ask for this? I also have a Kony E, also no more than 100kg of coffee through it, pre-owned value on this?

Appreciate any advice.

Cheers,

TT

Blog Entries
    The Speedster secondhand is worth about $500 but I'll give you $550 as I don't want you to take too big a loss.

(Speedster is worth whatever you can sell it for, they don't come on the market much secondhand so all you can do is pick a number you are happy with and then lower it if you don't get any interest)

i'll go $600

I will go as high as $601 to cover the cost of the equipment and insured delivery

Hi TickTock. Thought I saw someone selling a Kony E on here. Looks like a few eager speedster buyers out there with lower budgets
    Smee likes this.

I'll hazard a guess.

I reckon the speedster would be around $6k -$8k and the Kony-e would be about $1200- $1500. It's hard to know without photos...

Speedster would be nice... 100% confident I wouldn't live long enough to enjoy it if I bought it (with recent purchases considered). It's been a very happy coffee year

$6-$8k seems about right TickTok. Maybe $9k if in really excellent condition.

Value of pre-owned Speedster and Kony E

It's worth whatever the market will pay at the time you're selling it!
    Andy and roknee like this.

Hi TickTok,
    I bought one 2nd hand but 'as new' a few years ago, for $6,500. I am guessing the seller had paid mid $9k for it direct from the distributor when the exchange rate was high. Think the jump to $13k new, is mainly due to lower exchange rate. Surely a timer can't add $3,000? So maybe start around $7k , see what interest you get and adjust up or down accordingly.
    They would be rarely advertised. I got mine through word of mouth.
    If you are not in a hurry to sell, you should get a fair price.
    matth3wh likes this.

Hope you didn't take any of the above advice TickTock, with the exception of Andy's post. At over 14.5k (if you have to pay GST) the current price will always set the tone for secondhand value. If your machine is in tip top condition I would expect you would start about 10k+ . The market will always have the final say as to value but if you start with a confident and reasonable price and are prepared to wait you should get a good return. You can always go down in price........ but not up.

Chokkidog,
    The post from TickTok was suspiciously close to April 1.
    I doubt anyone with two Speedsters would need guidance from us lesser mortals.
    Pretzal and chokkidog like this.

Agree. I think this was a wind up given the original poster hasn't returned...
    Magic_Matt likes this.