Post By greencardigan
Faema Due - $150
I've picked up another old Faema Due to get running. This one is about the same age as the other - 1995ish.
Externally it's in better condition but internally it looks worse. It's been the home for a few animals by the looks!
- One of the steam wands is partially missing. Does anyone recognise the wand attachment that is remaining (see photo)? It's not an original part I don't think.
- The electronics all seem to be OK
- One of the 3-way solenoids seems a bit temperamental. Seems to work better once the machine is hot.
- Manual fill valve is seized.
- Hot water valve leaks badly. Water exits once boiler begins building up pressure.
Yet to check the pump, pressurestat, pressure gauge, steam valves.
I've got a Faema Due single group for repair and it's got the same steam wand as yours so I suspect it's standard.
Just clarifying. Same as my left one? Or same as my missing right one?
Sorry I misread your question. That does appear to be non-standard. The steam wand on mine is a regular ball joint.
The other wand on mine is missing and it's just an empty threaded hole.
A beautiful world of corrosion awaits you in that boiler by the looks of the element connectors
Both the pump and motor are working fine. The pump was seized but a disassemble and descale has revived it.
Next step is to descale the blocked inlet valve unit, both groups and the HX plumbing.
Removed and descaled the water level meter. The auto fill probe was very badly rusted and had broken half way down.
Do you think I could replace the probe with a 3mm stainless rod? It shouldn't need to be anything special should it?