Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Synesso MVP Hydra 1 Group, thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by mrgray View Post
    Jono this is excellent news. I'd prefer it to arrive early next week but if we have to wait a couple of weeks so be it.

For any new followers of this thread, Jono was mulling over buying one of 3 machines, 2 of which are made in Seattle I think and the other in Europe (i think). Cruelly he will not tell us which machine is coming, even though we offered him extraordinarily helpful advice with his purchase.

I think it is reasonable to suggest that very soon Jono will be taking stuff to the next level!
    Just wondering did you recently purchase a LMLM? Or have you ordered something else?

Not long to wait for the unveiling haha.
    matth3wh likes this.

Hi Jono, thanks for sharing. I was abit concern that I may have lost a part or broke the screen.

Also, i would like replace the group head seal but I found 2 variations (8 & 9mm). I have read that people recommends the 8mm for newer machines. What are your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by desachan View Post
    Hi Jono, thanks for sharing. I was abit concern that I may have lost a part or broke the screen.

Also, i would like replace the group head seal but I found 2 variations (8 & 9mm). I have read that people recommends the 8mm for newer machines. What are your thoughts?
    It depends on your portafilter, you can buy an 8mm and a spacer or just get both and see which one fits to your liking they should only be 6-8$ if you buy the rubber ones.

At the moment, I'm still using the standard portafilter. Probably I'll just get one of each. I saw that LM has an orange silicon seal which maybe longer lasting than the rubber ones. See if I can find it selling in Australia or not.

Quote Originally Posted by desachan View Post
    At the moment, I'm still using the standard portafilter. Probably I'll just get one of each. I saw that LM has an orange silicon seal which maybe longer lasting than the rubber ones. See if I can find it selling in Australia or not.
    I use a 6mm with mine.

have we got a tracking number yet Jono? also since this is the thread about the machine Jono bought it is also the thread which should accumulate relevant facts. perhaps one of those relevant facts is the "setup" Jono was admiring elsewhere on the site.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgray View Post
    have we got a tracking number yet Jono? also since this is the thread about the machine Jono bought it is also the thread which should accumulate relevant facts. perhaps one of those relevant facts is the "setup" Jono was admiring elsewhere on the site.
    Hey Mr Gray, the machine should be in the country this week, I'm crossing everything that it will be installed before the end of the month. I have been sent a photo of the completed machine by the factory and I'm so excited. Be careful using other threads on this forum to accumulate facts, Ha Ha. Here is a photo of the machine for you.
    desachan and level3ninja like this.

Thats a speedster
    Jono_Willmer and 338 like this.

Synesso MVP Hydra 1 Group, thoughts?

From the blur picture, the machine looks very edgy. My guess a Synesso. . I can't find a picture of Hydra with the angle that I suspected in the picture.

Picture taken from one of the post in home-barista forum.

yep thats a speedster for sure
    Jono_Willmer likes this.

ok let's cover all the bases, i will say it is a slayer.
    Jono_Willmer likes this.

Might be a SanRemo Opera?
    Dimal likes this.

Sunbeam Torino?
    Jono_Willmer and spin_addict like this.

Via Venezia?

Holden Torana?
    Magic_Matt, matth3wh and magnafunk like this.

Install is booked in for Tuesday the 26th, can't wait!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2