Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Casa Espresso
  • 1 Post By Thuauxy
  • 1 Post By Casa Espresso
  • 1 Post By JetBlack_Espresso

Thread: 2 group machines for mobile business

2 group machines for mobile business

Hey folks,
    Looking at getting knowledge from the brains trust here about quality two group coffee machines. I am in the process of setting up an old vintage caravan so I have a bit of space. Any one with any thoughts/experience on different machines in the mobile setting, I would appreciate your thoughts.

So far I have worked with expobar megacrem, franchino and am barista-ing in a cafe right now with a la marzocco linea... I'm aiming for around the 5k mark or a touch over.

Let me know your thoughts.

Cheers
    Thuauxy

2 group machines for mobile business

Hello Thauaxy,
    Welcome to Coffee Snobs.
    We recently supplied a Nuova Simonelli Appia to a client who also fitted out a retro Caravan for the same purpose .
    She did a fantastic job and the Appia was a great fit for her requirements and budget.
    We can assist if you would like to discuss, also in regard to plumbing and power requirements.
    Feel free to call

Antony
    (03) 9530 8992
    Www.casaespresso.com.au
    matth3wh likes this.

Yeah I have been looking at that machine and it ticks a lot of boxes when it comes to the compact size and ability to pump out quality coffee on a large basis. I'll jump on the website and have a look at it.
    Cheers Antony
    matth3wh likes this.

There is the two group compact or the standard size.

We have used both extensively over the years.

Super reliable, solid, well priced and the backing of one of Italy's best machine manufacturers.

I rate them highly

Cheers

Antony
    www.casaespresso.com.au
    matth3wh likes this.

You've got quite a few options I would think. $5k isn't enough for a new machine when looking at lots of brands (like La Marzocco for example), but could definitely get you a used one that's in good knick and been serviced. Otherwise for new machines you're looking at NS as Antony mentioned or something like a Wega, Expobar, Iberital, Astoria etc. The list is fairly long so decide what features you want then go looking. It will depend a bit on how you're gonna provide power as well obviously.

yeah the power thing I have been working through for a while now. I am leaning towards a generator but I know that they can carry their own issues when powering everything for the van. Gas seems ok but I am still not 100% set one way or the other. are there machines that work better on gas? can every machine be converted? I am still in the prepping stage so I have time to gather the info I need and figure out the best way forward...

Site Sponsor
    Another one to consider is the Lelit Giulietta. Can run as 10A or 15A, only 58cm wide, 10l boiler, temp stable group heads, lots of stainless and under budget!

www.jetblackespresso.com.au/shop/p/lelit-giulietta/

charlie
    matth3wh likes this.