Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By JohnA

Thread: Rocket R58 Settings

Rocket R58 Settings

I think before I grizzle (as I have done) I should look to setting up the R58 to suit my needs.
    The steam boiler pressure is set to 1.1 Bars. My HX Rocket boiler pressure is 1.3 Bars.
    I like the HX steam. The R58 will let me increase the pressure to 1.3 Bars. So I will do that.

The extraction boiler group water temp on the R58 is theoretically 92degrees. (106= 92)
    The HX will be higher as the boiler temp is higher.
    I am guessing it should be around 108 which would make the group water temp around 95.

I would be grateful if any other R58 users could give their settings.
    Last edited by dumiya; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:56 PM. Reason: Spelling

strange that Rocket don't have these....also have you been able to work out firmware updates/versions?

Thank you for the reply - I thought I was the only one in AU to have purchased an R58.
    I was just wanting to know what PID settings other users used.
    I will experiment with mine and see if I can improve the taste

i just bought one! gets delivered soon.... i will report back my findings.

how do you find the steam on yours? reading online lots are having issues.

I use my neighbours R58 all the time. It is a beautiful machine and never had any problems with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Costas View Post
    i just bought one! gets delivered soon.... i will report back my findings.

how do you find the steam on yours? reading online lots are having issues.

lots of the complaints are from overseas, i have not had a single steam issue with mine, perfect microfoam all the time, and easy to get right.
    Makes for great latte art

I really dont get the complaints from local owners. Mine of course was bench tested and setup from the local supplier in my area and has been trouble free. Have not felt it lacking at any point. Make many milk based drinks back to back with no issues at all.
    Dimal and shewey like this.

Yes, mine was not set up properly so come out of the box with the factory settings for AU.
    If any have plugged in the Remote Setting box, I am curious to know what the steam setting is I feel the factory setting is a bit low.
    Ah - rechecked the manual the factory setting is 1.1 Bars. My work premium HX runs at 1.2 - 1.3(max). This would certainly give a better head of steam - I think!
    Also what hole size steam nozzle do you find works for you.
    Also factory set for AU brew temp is 105C so around 93C at the group filter. Perhaps a bit cool?

I am much relieved others have an R58

i have my pid controller packed away, as we are between homes at the moment, but will dig it out and let you know what settings mine is at