Thread: Profitec 700 - Water pooling underneath machine

Profitec 700 - Water pooling underneath machine

Hi Guys,

I've had a Profitec 700 for about a year now and it's been great. Probably a month ago I noticed that water would pool underneath the machine after it had been turned on for a while. I thought, bugger, it's leaking somewhere. But after removing the water reservoir and having a (limited) look around inside, the water that is dripping seems to be resulting from condensation within the housing.

I can't pin it to a change of temperature/season as being a cause - if that's even likely.

Anyone have any ideas -anything similar happen with any of your machines (Profitec or not)?. It's enough water that I pretty much need to leave a tea-towel under the machine to soak it up so that it doesn't drip off the counter.

Thanks,
    Paul

Is it plumbed?

Hi Paul.
    Just a thought, have you checked the pressure relief valve on your steam boiler is not stuck slightly open? You would probably hear the sound of escaping steam though.
    Hope it is something simple.
    Cheers
    Mal

Condensation means there must be a very slight leak somewhere. As above, check the pressure relief valve/ anti-vac valve as they are a common point for small leaks.
    I have noticed with my machine that the pump would randomly top up the boiler even though it was sitting doing nothing, indicting that there is a leak resulting in the water level dropping.

I have had a few occasions of flooding, I realised that when I turned off the spring loaded steam or hot water valves that I span them too aggressively and left them slightly activated , I now assure that the knobs are freewheeling and hence no more puddles.

Hey thanks everyone - I really appreciate your responses. No it's not plumbed herzog.

Well, I had no idea what a pressure relief valve was so I googled it, found a video and removed the top of my machine to this: (see photo).

The tube is broken! I guess it explains the condensation :-) No idea what could have caused this - any suggestions? Is it easy to fix?

Paul

IMG_2182.jpg

P.S I bought it off Paul - I think it is still under warranty - reckon purchase was Sep last year.

Senior Member Barry O'Speedwagon's Avatar
    Hmmm. The other exposed end of that tube looks like it has been chewed off by a border collie. Isn't there usually a t-junction where the break point is? I guess that might be only in cases where the machine is plumbed-in.

I could be wrong, but my understanding is that tube should run all the way down to the drip tray, so might just need a join or replacement tubing.
    Check out this video at about 7:50 min in.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmSHw1Fudpg

Hope this helps.
    Mal
    Last edited by Brewster; 3 Weeks Ago at 04:06 PM.

It should only spit a little on initial heat up, so not really a 'leak' to cause condensation...but still should be fixed. My machine doesn't even have a tube.