Thread: La Cimbali M28 Basic boiler overfills when using the hot water dispener

Cool La Cimbali M28 Basic boiler overfills when using the hot water dispener

I have La Cimbali M28 Basic, bee working on fixing to get it to work been in storage for 6 months.

Initially the boiler was over filing when connected to direct water connection then power, I found out the floater was filled with water, I replaced it with a new one and de-scaled the boiler.

Now when connect it to power it fills the boiler and stops as it should.

As I'm testing, when using the hot water dispenser for about a minute or two the boiler safety overflow valve (located on top of the tank) starts dumping water.

Any idea what is causing the overfilling?

Gday samhajymailcom.

Im not sure if this is what you mean, however I had a continue dripping overflow issue recently where water slowly ran out of an overflow pipe into water catcher behind the front panel.

I purchased a similar machine (M22) from a garage sale - it had been sitting around for awhile unused. Anyhoo, I took apart the solenoid valve near the leak and put it back together and bingo, the leak stopped.

I dont know much about these machines, however im glad ive got it. Looks like a work of art inside does it not?

Yes, it's quite work of art.

The water is coming out of the pressure relief valve on top of the boiler.

I'm suspecting it's the mixer valve, I removed the screws with alan wrench but looks like it connected somehow inside the boiler, does it just come out or there is something holding it inside the boiler?

Sam

Mmmm, im afraid Im not sure about the answer sorry. Out of my league.