Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By artman
  • 1 Post By artman

Thread: Faema e98 Compact S1 pressure leak?

Faema e98 Compact S1 pressure leak?

Hi Guys, Iíve had an Faema e98 CompactS1 for about 5 years, and have replaced some basic parts like shower screen and group head gasket as required. Recently Iíve noticed a slight hissing/steam sound emanating from behind the group head or steam wand area (inside the machine) and noticed that the pressure only just green lines. This makes me think that either a seal or hose connection is leaking stream. Has anyone experienced this, or have any suggestions as to what needs replacing?

thanks heaps!

Likely to be the anti vac valve. Pull the lid and it will be obvious. If anti vac valve it is probably just perished o ring on the valve, you can take it off and replace the o ring for a few cents (bearing supply shop) or replace the entire anti vac valve, check coffeeparts or similar for pricing, $10-20 from memory. As long as you get the thread right and it's not too high it will fit , they all work the same way.

Cheers
    Dimal likes this.

Thanks for your reply, I will check it out, as I have purchased from coffeeparts previously. Any tips for taking the top off or if you can point me to photos/guides as to taking it apart? Thanks heaps.

If it is like the other cimbali/faema E98 machines I have seen, there will be an allen key bolt in a vertical hole above the top of each side panel. Unscrew and the spring should pop the bolt up, then just move the top of the side panels outwards and lift up. The panel on the top has a handful of phillips head screws, you might need to remove the little side covers facing inwards on the top of the cup tray.

I cant recall the details but the first time I did it it was quite intuitive. Its very easy and you can see how these machines have been designed with easy access for servicing etc.

Cheers
    Dimal likes this.

Thanks artman. IĎve taken the opt off without too much trouble, following your directions. It does seem to be the anti vac valve, from what I can tell. There is slight steam coming out, and obvious marks form residue. It has been losing initial pressure for a while now (it comes back up after the first purge) so I think this is also the cause. Iíll order a new valve and see if itís all good. Thanks again.

WHen you unscrew the valve you will see the o ring is perished. grab an o-ring or ten (they cost cents) and rebuild your old one to keep on hand for quick swap when the new one perishes in a few years time!

These are great machines to work on.

Cheers