Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By MorganGT
  • 2 Post By Casa Espresso
  • 1 Post By Jackster

Thread: Carimali what model?

Carimali what model?

Hope we all had a great new year!
    So like us all, i have been browsing around looking for a new and better coffee machine.
    I now have a sette 270w grinder and looking for something better than my 800es.
    I see a carimali advertised that needs (perhaps) a new element as its not heating. I cant find what its model is so i can research it. I know its not a uno or beta or gamma or delta or a f11. But what is it?

Im thinking its a hx volumetric, and that would be ok as long as its around a 2l boiler. I have a idea its a bit bigger than that.
    Surely the blue handle on the left belongs to something else...
    Has it a digital boiler temp read out on the bottom display? So boiler temp and pressure?
    Aluminium or copper boilers?
    External rotary pump?
    Its at $350 neg. I think a element will add another $100. I am mechanically and electrically handy.
    Is it a waste for home and 1-2 espresso per day?
    Cheers all.

The model name you are looking for is Carimali Tema Style.
    Should be a HX machine with internal rotary pump and copper boiler. Has a dual read gauge (boiler and water pressure) so not sure what the display would be used for besides programming.
    Uses a pressurestat and thermal safety cutout switch with a probe into the boiler element.
    The cutout switch can be safely bypassed if faulty, and failing to heat may be a burnt out pressurestat rather than an element.
    From diagrams I have googled up the element looks to be a 'standard' 3 bolt mount similar to VBM and other makes, so probably not too hard to replace if needed.
    zeezaw and Jackster like this.

Without looking up the machine specifications it looks like a single group commercial that will require PLUMBING IN.

Morgans observation of the internal rotary pump suggests this as well.

Just be careful if you are looking for a home machine with an internal water tank this may not be the machine for you.

Also looking at the photo that looks like a large earth pin on the plug meaning it is a 15amp machine.

I would be looking at more domestic based machine for your requirements

Cheers

Antony
    www.casaespresso.com.au
    Dimal and Jackster like this.

The 15amps and plumbed in is no bother. I was thinking of pulling out the built in oven and using the 15amp there as a coffee nook. Or putting it in the outdoor bar....
    But thanks to the info from Morgan, I find it has a 8l boiler and is 38kg. Dimensions are around 500mm squared.

I agree Antony. A little big for me.

Looks like a nice machine though. Quite a few features.
    Hope someone can utilize it.

Cheers all.
    Casa Espresso likes this.

Any idea where one would get a service manual for a machine like this? I'm interested in getting it to replace an older Unic Diva that I've had for years. Seems like a either a pressure stat or an element would be worthwhile.

Google had parts explosions for it online.
    Coffee machines seem to me to be quite logical in operation. Esp the ones without too much electronics.

I was considering still getting it. Putting a thermoblock and pid on it. There is a spare 6900 here....
    Its still a big bit of kit though

I bought this - replaced the element and she works. Not 100% but with a good clean and replacement of a few seals I think she'll be fine.

One issue I've got which I can't figure out is the tea/hot water button acts like an expresso. i.e. water comes out the group rather than the hot water nozzle. Not sure why?

Probably need to follow the pipework to a solenoid valve, remove, check coil (Repair/Replace), cleanup and then reassemble...

Mal.