Thread: 6mm steam tip/wand

6mm steam tip/wand

Hello,

I recently purchased a bargain of a non-popular machine but appears to be a well built solid machine. It looks good, feels solid and got all the specs right (ULKA pump, brass boiler, all-brass fittings inside) and as expected, capable of producing great espresso (heap of thick, caramelly crema, viscous coffee which tastes great).

My only disappointment is, because the wand is intended to be used with a frothing attachment like in many other home machines (Gaggias come to mind) where it is supposed to aid in frothing but ends up producing tons and tons of foam (not microfoam). When I take this attachment off, because of the shape of the wand itself, I cannot get it to be submersed in enough to texture my milk and I end up having used more milk than neccessary just to get the tip under the surface, or just angling the pitcher, but this produces turbulence not very helpful when Im aerating..

Does anyone know of an attachment or even possibly customising my own extension so it will be usable? The steam performance is great, just the steam wand thats bugging me.. I have asked around espresso parts shops and because all they carry is popular models of home machines and commercials, I cannot find many 6mm attachments. The La Pavoni is 6mm also. However its tip is not very long and wouldnt be the solution for what Im after (effectively extending the steam wand).

The wand has a male 6mm thread and the tip (female) fits onto the wand. I need roughly 20-30mm extension. Replacing the wand could be an option but from what Ive investigated it is quite difficult as all the insides are fitted in a quite small volume and I have to detach a whole heap of stuff to get to the steam valve.

Any direction would be appreciated.

Re: 6mm steam tip/wand

what brand mode is it?

just because its not the popular one, we aint gonna bite you.

welcome to CS by the way, a location will allow us to offer you a possible "place to go" to get a part.

cheers

It is a Casa Bugatti Diva. I live in Perth, WA.

I have looked around the net for parts but no online shop had the solution I was looking for.

Thanks for the welcome!

Caffeine Junky

Quote Originally Posted by 606179610F0 link=1248834209/2#2 date=1248845078
    It is a Casa Bugatti Diva. I live in Perth, WA.
    No wonder you wanted to keep it a secret!
    Nah just kidding. *Im sure some knowledgeable person on here will be able to help you.

Nobody? Perhaps a direction to someone who can custom machine this kind of part?

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 38392139570 link=1248834209/4#4 date=1249125565
    Nobody? Perhaps a direction to someone who can custom machine this kind of part?
    Could / maybe... But would need the arm, to confirm etc... tube sizes vary and unless done correctly could look a mess and not even perform as expected.

The ID is as important as well as the OD, as with threads, your impacting on wall thickness and trying to match them would be a pain..

You could use a compression fitting and then you would have a bulky milk catching trap.. Dirty and not a good look.

I too have the exact same problem and looking to get a Tip extension for the Bugatti Diva... Its been difficult to find proper specifications: has anyone had luck replacing
    The tip?

6MM tip

Quote Originally Posted by rorymnellis View Post
    I too have the exact same problem and looking to get a Tip extension for the Bugatti Diva... Its been difficult to find proper specifications: has anyone had luck replacing
    The tip?
    It sounds just like the problem I am having with a Kitchenaid machine (or Gaggia). It is a 6mm female tip. If you get rid of the pannarello it is just a single hole that is too short. The best I can come up with is a four hole 10MM female with an extension sleeve.