Page 107 of 107 FirstFirst ... 7 57 97 105 106 107
Results 5,301 to 5,314 of 5314
Like Tree388Likes

Thread: Breville BES900 Dual Boiler - Owners thread

Quote Originally Posted by random111 View Post
    So I take I have to source a Breville one?

No other commercial ones fit?

At $150 I'd rather save up for a new machine...The pump is on the way out amongst other things...I was hoping to spend around $50

$799 at DJs ATM...Tempting!!
    No, I don't think so - if nothing else - the lugs around the porta filter would have to fit the group head collar. Portafilters aren't a standard.

Hence my suggestion to have a handle made for you. Ask your mates if they know someone with a lathe and for a slab of beer you might get yourself a new handle.

Up to you, really. If you want to throw it and buy another one - also good.

What diameter is the portafilter for the 900?

I bought a shelf model from DJ and i think it had the wrong portafilter in it. The 58mm baskets (all 4 of them) sit loosely in the portafilter, i cam actually jiggle them. The portafilter fits the group head (seemingly) well so I'm wondering if the portafilter is from another breville machine. Is there another machine in their range that is larger than 58mm?

Quote Originally Posted by Doonks View Post
    What diameter is the portafilter for the 900?

I bought a shelf model from DJ and i think it had the wrong portafilter in it. The 58mm baskets (all 4 of them) sit loosely in the portafilter, i cam actually jiggle them. The portafilter fits the group head (seemingly) well so I'm wondering if the portafilter is from another breville machine. Is there another machine in their range that is larger than 58mm?
    Make sure the porterfilter spring is still there
    gmeddy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by clubbi4 View Post
    Make sure the porterfilter spring is still there
    There is no spring, definitely didn't come with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Doonks View Post
    There is no spring, definitely didn't come with it.

Yep, that's why it's loose
    inorog and level3ninja like this.

Guys... just picked up an old BES900 for a friend and was cleaning it up .

Noticed when using a blind filter to flush the group head and noticed it just went up to 13bar... is this suppose to happen or is it suppose to be around the 10 bar range?

Tried making a few shots is either too watery at 9bar or right consistency by at 13 bar.

Not familiar with the BES900 pressure gauge. Or does it need to adjust the OPV?

hi peeps, could someone please give me a review on the BES900. I am looking to buy a second hand one with the smart grinder. Only a couple of years old, for under $500. This will be for a first time user of an espresso machine for a friend. Any reviews would be much appreciated. One thing that concerns me is its has been used with tap water located in SE Suburbs of Melbourne. Could this be an issue on this type of machine? Cheers

Nelson

Hello Doonks,

Yes there should be a circular spring in the groove. The lack of it will not affect your coffee but the filter basket will fall out when you turn the handle over.

As it was Brevilles fault not to put one in, you could ask them to post one to you.

Cloudy Water

Hi, I am currently descaling my BES900 as per Argus' instructions on page 102. Everything went well, but now as as I am flushing out the larger boiler I am continually getting out cloudy water out of it. I have flushed it out about 10 times, but the water does not appear to be any clearer. Any ideas why the water comes out cloudy? I will keep flushing and hope the water clears up.

Warren

Quote Originally Posted by Wazzak View Post
    (....)I have flushed it out about 10 times, but the water does not appear to be any clearer. Any ideas why the water comes out cloudy? I will keep flushing and hope the water clears up.
    Warren
    Quick question - have you left the water to settle after you've poured it? I seem to remember that at times if you have tiny bubbles in suspension in the water (from air, steam, whatever) it can make the water look turbid. Give it a little time to settle and observe the little bubbles raising to the top and the water clearing nicely.
    level3ninja likes this.

Hey guys,

Just wondering if someone could help me out also,

I have a breville dual boiler and smart grinder pro. Im roasting my own beans but I'm finding even on finest setting, burr setting 1,2 or 3 even and on LCD 1 shot at times still can run too fast for my likes. I haven't yet chocked the machine either so not sure whats going on.. I'm also using 20-23 grams in the basket and tamping pretty firmly.

Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by inorog View Post
    Quick question - have you left the water to settle after you've poured it? I seem to remember that at times if you have tiny bubbles in suspension in the water (from air, steam, whatever) it can make the water look turbid. Give it a little time to settle and observe the little bubbles raising to the top and the water clearing nicely.
    I thought the same about the air bubbles when I first started flushing the boiler, but the water was cloudy with no air bubbles. It took about 25 times flushing out the boiler for the water to come out clear. I think the residue from the descaling settled on the bottom of the boiler. Next time I descale it will interesting to see if a similar problem happens again. Thanks for your response.

Warren
    inorog likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NmBeasy View Post
    Hey guys,

Just wondering if someone could help me out also,

I have a breville dual boiler and smart grinder pro. Im roasting my own beans but I'm finding even on finest setting, burr setting 1,2 or 3 even and on LCD 1 shot at times still can run too fast for my likes. I haven't yet chocked the machine either so not sure whats going on.. I'm also using 20-23 grams in the basket and tamping pretty firmly.

Any ideas?
    New Breville BCG820 "Smart Grinder Pro"

See photo on first post.

Hey all,

I'm sure I'm just going to need to wait for customer service to be open, but I thought I'd check to see if there was something missing, or maybe if you guys know what the problem is.

My wife and I just got a BDB second hand from her godmother and it was shipped here. We set it up per the initial setup procedure, but the machine does not seem to want to heat past 155F. Is there any obvious reason this might be happening aside from "it's broken?" Just thought I'd check.

EDIT: It's alive!! Turns out the boilers were empty, and they didn't fill until the 4th time we tried it.
    Last edited by Killericon; 3 Days Ago at 02:52 PM. Reason: Update
    Brewster and inorog like this.

Page 107 of 107 FirstFirst ... 7 57 97 105 106 107