Page 29 of 106 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 79 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,450 of 5278
Like Tree378Likes

Thread: Breville BES900 Dual Boiler - Owners thread

Re: Breville BES900 Dual Boiler - Owners thread

Hi Chucky, Im down @ Monash and have the BES900 & BCG800 Combo :)

There are few others that have the BES900 as well - Im putting mine through a barrista training course this afternoon - cant wait to go....

Quote Originally Posted by 04172A112C2F2F22430 link=1312978609/1400#1400 date=1329431839
    barrista training course this afternoon
    Let us know how you go.

Barry.

I think Im in desperate need of a barrista training course but theres nothing like that around here unfortunately. Therefore I have to ask some more questions:
    When I get a shot of Espresso theres about 1 third coffee and 2 thirds of crema - is that right? Also when I have 2 cups underneath, theres an uneven distribution of coffee in the 2 cups and its pretty significant as most coffee is only in 1 cup and the other cup is nearly empty. What could be the reason for that?

Another thing Ive noticed, was that the extraction time should be about 30 sec. Mine is only 14 sec. I cant find anything in the manual on how to change it. Any ideas?

Sorry, for asking all these questions! Im really, really new to this.

You might not have the machine level resulting in uneven cup filling. If the extraction time is 30 secs maybe you are grinding too fine - but I wouldnt be too worried about that. What pressure are you extracting at?

Don’t be sorry about asking questions. It is a useful way of learning things.

Learn by reading posts at this and other web sites, read the instruction book and ask questions here.

It is usually recommended that brewing should take between 25 to 30 seconds.

At the bottom of page 32 in the BES900 instruction book, next to “Espresso runs out too quickly” causes are, too course, not enough coffee or not tamped enough.

If you are dosing and tamping as recommended and your extraction time is 14 sec, the grind is too course.

What grinder do you use? If you use pre ground coffee it is difficult to adjust the fineness.

Barry

Yeah what Barry said - I mistook the time of your extraction - you probably should try grinding finer.

Senior Member Barry O'Speedwagon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 0F2325212E2135333329400 link=1312978609/1402#1402 date=1329540506
    Also when I have 2 cups underneath, theres an uneven distribution of coffee in the 2 cups and its pretty significant as most coffee is only in 1 cup and the other cup is nearly empty. What could be the reason for that?
    First, I assume that the portafilter and spout are thoroughly clean?

It could be that your dosing/tampling regime is resulting in an uneven distribution of coffee in the basket. The water meets more/less resistance on different sides of the puck and consequently more coffee is extracted on one side than the other (ok that might not be exactly how it happens..).
    Does the coffee taste ok?
    Cheers
    BOSW

Quote Originally Posted by 416D6B6F606F7B7D7D670E0 link=1312978609/1402#1402 date=1329540506
    I think Im in desperate need of a barrista training course but theres nothing like that around here unfortunately. Therefore I have to ask some more questions:
    When I get a shot of Espresso theres about 1 third coffee and 2 thirds of crema - is that right? Also when I have 2 cups underneath, theres an uneven distribution of coffee in the 2 cups and its pretty significant as most coffee is only in 1 cup and the other cup is nearly empty. What could be the reason for that?

Another thing Ive noticed, was that the extraction time should be about 30 sec. Mine is only 14 sec. I cant find anything in the manual on how to change it. Any ideas?

Sorry, for asking all these questions! Im really, really new to this.
    The uneven pour drove me nuts , have you taken the plastic insert out of the Portafilter ?

Hi,

My bar pressure has suddenly dropped to a consistent 3 - 3.5 whereas it was previously 7-11. What could be happening?

I have been cleaning as indicated.

Thanks for any advice

Quote Originally Posted by 4965636768677375756F060 link=1312978609/1402#1402 date=1329540506
    Also when I have 2 cups underneath, theres an uneven distribution of coffee in the 2 cups and its pretty significant as most coffee is only in 1 cup and the other cup is nearly empty. What could be the reason for that?
    Try making the machine level with bits of folded paper to see if it improves.

Quote Originally Posted by 756768627F060 link=1312978609/1408#1408 date=1329654396
    My bar pressure has suddenly dropped to a consistent 3 - 3.5 whereas it was previously 7-11. What could be happening?
    Have you tried either or a combo of the following?
    - finer grind
    - increase dose
    - tamping harder

See how you go using a finer setting on your grinder, and keeping the dose + tamp pressure the same.

Site Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by 71636C667B020 link=1312978609/1408#1408 date=1329654396
    Put the Dual Wall filter basket in the PF, insert into the group head, then press & hold the 2 cup button. The pressure should max out at 6-7.5bar If it does, then nothing wrong with your machine & its all about dose & grind fineness. Let me know how you go.

Cheers, Phil

Nick, if youd bothered to read any of this thread or the secific thread dedicated to the OPV, then youd know thats it only affected early AUS & US production & the ongoing production was re-calibrated months ago. Quite apart from that, in any market where the product is sold, you can take it to any service centre & have it adjusted for free. In the US theyll ship you an exchange unit where you cant get to a service centre.

Cheers, Phil
    I do hate to be a party popper
    I received a US/CN version 1139........
    The OPV reads 13bar
    My vendor is 3371 Km from me
    The Distributor is 3590 Km from me
    In Canada while we can return the items it is much easier to lear to do things for ourselves.
    While I have not adjusted the OPV as of yet Once I am more comfortable with the machine I do intend to do so.
    If I were to have a complaint, which are very few with the BDB I would like to suggest the OPV be externally adjustable like the better Italian machines.
    I would like to suggest the Steam boiler also be adjustable for temperature as our altitude here is 668 m above sea level.
    These suggestions are small in my mind given the overall quality of the machine and given the delivered price no one has any grounds for complaint, with or without warranty.
    The same Italian made machine costs almost 3 times as much and the only advantage is I can obtain the spare parts easier as well as a naked pertafilter
    Curious as to why BDB did not adopt the Silvia protafilter as a standard size thus making some thins easier.
    This does not mean to imply there is anything wrong with the BDB portafilter.
    Overall quality is excellent
    the use of plastic for some of the curtail internal parts is a puzzle when BDB went to the trouble of using Stainless Boilers ETC
    The problem with the setting of the OPV is quite simple.
    The Factory has set up a test jig and all the OPV pass through the jig. Where as the Itlians set up each machine.
    It is not a physical problem so much as a perception issue.
    The machine makes excellent coffee However the common Assumption is the brew must be at temperature X the tamp must be y the Dose z and the pressure must be 9 bar.
    As Phil points out what does it taste like???
    My first Post here from the frozen North of Canada, I have to check if the dogs are ready to pull the sled so I can send this post off to the nearest internet. I had a laugh
    I appreciate the Auzie humour and spelling, Eah!!

What I find lacking, is the recognition of the amazing job the designers & engineers have done in bringing this new product to market, using boilers, not thermoblocks, low pressure pre-infusion thatas programmable, digital temperature control, temperature stability better than a GS3, yet the focus is on one part thats poorly calibrated. Not broken, not defective, just a calibration thats easily recified.

Cheers, Phil
    Contrary to what you are saying Phil, There is a very large recognition that Breville has delivered a great product to market at a price point most of us can reach as opposed to the Italian machines at 3 - 6 times the cost.
    All of us nit pickers are saying is the OPV issue is just that an issue I suggest on the next design consideration to make it an external adjustable item.
    Make the Steam boiler and adjustable item for two reasons
    first altitude and a little more steam pressure.
    Speaking as an Engineer I want to commend the entire design team for their work and the factory for delivering on their design.
    The Nit Picky items are due to I Want It Now attitude os us the consumers.
    Please not my coffee consumption has increased 3 times since the arrival of the BDB. My wife and I enjoy the coffee it produces.
    This does not keep us from complaining "we want more"
    Some of us have to contend with distances like in Australia where now maybe next week or perhaps 3.
    When you have a great machine like the new BDB please expect complaints and lots of them we are not used to having factory reps speak to us lowly people and we are going to take advantage of it.I had a laugh
    Have A Great Day and while you are at it pause and have a coffee made in a BDB.

Im looking to purchase an espresso machine in the near future. We currently use an Otto but are finding it is getting hard to use when more than 2 or 3 coffees are needed. I have alot of Breville appliances in the kitchen and the BDB appeals to myself and the missus. We want a machine that can be left on during the day for convenience and that random coffee that is needed.

Is there any issues with leaving this machine on all day?

Cheers, Jai

Jai, it heats up really, really quickly and shows you the group temperature as it heats up. I like random coffees too but Ive never felt that Ive had to leave the machine on.

Only thing I would recommend is that you run a couple of manual shots (under 7 seconds) before making your coffee to heat up the portafilter and spouts. You would do that anyway even if the machine had been on for an hour or two.

Keeping the heating shots under 7 seconds stops the machine counting them as proper shots so it doesnt request the cleaning cycle too soon.

One more thing I should have mentioned. The machine has a standby mode (configurable I believe) where if its not used for a while it will keep itself warm so when you next want to use it doesnt take as long to be ready.

Thanks for the quick reply oldbeamer2!

I didnt realise that it would heat up so quick. Souns as though this machine is ticking more boxes the more I research it!

I read somewhere on here that its about 7 mins to heat up the boilers from cold. Roughly 2 from standby (but a bit longer than that to heat up the group head). No idea how that compares to other boiler machines.

I understand that the temp on the 900 gauge is from the sensor in the group head. So as soon as the machine is ready to go it is ready to brew.

No need to wait for up to half an hour like many other machines. The cup warmer will take a while longer to warm up. I warm up my cups and portafilter with a pre brewing flush.

The difference with the 900 from many other boiler machines is that others have no pid temp control or only one on the boiler, while the 900 has one pid on the brew boiler and another on the group head.

Barry.*

So im probably going to put some money down for a DB before the end of the week. Is it worth getting extended warranty for it? (insert non-sponsor name here) offers it for $200 for a 5 year replacement warranty, im probably not going to bother with it.

Quote Originally Posted by 042D2237430 link=1312978609/1419#1419 date=1329969465
    Is it worth getting extended warranty for it? (insert non-sponsor name here) offers it for $200 for a 5 year replacement warranty, im probably not going to bother with it.
    "I love **" has a ubeaut extended warranty that even covers wear and tear items.* I took it out on my Sunbeam and it has proven very worthwhile.* You can transfer the balance if you sell the unit during the warranty period* :)

Quote Originally Posted by 4F66697C080 link=1312978609/1419#1419 date=1329969465
    So im probably going to put some money down for a DB before the end of the week. Is it worth getting extended warranty for it? (insert non-sponsor name here) offers it for $200 for a 5 year replacement warranty, im probably not going to bother with it.
    Be wary of store based warranties, They often are a complete rip-off as most require you to have original box/warrenty, etc to claim repair/replacement.

after two years, how many people still have those things? I know I tend to throw away boxesn stuff that equipment comes in, just because I dont have the room for it

Quote Originally Posted by 634E5A48474641486E5B694E5B4A2F0 link=1312978609/1421#1421 date=1329970796
    They often are a complete rip-off as most require you to have original box/warrenty, etc to claim repair/replacement.

Never had that problem :-?

I guess there are warranties and warranties ;)

Quote Originally Posted by 775A4E5C5352555C7A4F7D5A4F5E3B0 link=1312978609/1421#1421 date=1329970796
    Be wary of store based warranties, They often are a complete rip-off as most require you to have original box/warrenty, etc to claim repair/replacement.
    Almost definitely wont be getting it then!
    I was asking more in terms of reliability/longevity of the parts in the DB itself. I guess that since its been tested to 15,000 shots by Breville, id expect it to last longer than the 5 year extended warranty anyway.
    Hopefully any problems will show up during the warranty period

The $200 can go towards my supply of fresh beans :)

TC

Quote Originally Posted by 4F686E69641D0 link=1312978609/1422#1422 date=1329971075
    I guess there are warranties and warranties
    Too right....

On a slight tangent, I returned a dud watch to my local Fossil store today. The watch is 7 months old and they warrant them for 3 years (1 year on battery).

The manager requested my warranty documentation in addition to the supplied purchase receipt and initially refused to do anything without it. The term "ACCC" helped change her mind but she insisted she was doing me a favour. I insisted that it was time she update her knowledge- which she might do during the 6-8 weeks Im told the repair will take. Having done this before, I know theyll just replace it anyway. ::)

In short, I would trust the warranty offered by the Sponsors here, I would trust the manufacturers warranty.

I will not trust a warranty that I had to pay extra for and line Jerry Harveys pockets with.

especially on the disposable items that they sell (not saying the BDB is a disposable item, just that those stores tend to treat the products as thus, and improve their profit margins)

its probably how they ended up being able to undersell the warehouse price, So many silly people just buy on the extended $200 warranty, then dont claim anything after the Manufacturers warranty period has run out* :P

Quote Originally Posted by 0C21352728292E27013406213425400 link=1312978609/1425#1425 date=1329972285
    So many silly people just buy on the extended $200 warranty, then dont claim anything after the Manufacturers warranty period has run out
    Thats the buyers fault not the warrantys :o

The spate of BES900 sales over the christmas/new year was apparently a fire sale of stock (for whatever reason), spoke to a manager at [insert non-sponsor here], said they got told to clear the warehouses, even if it was below cost. No wonder some of the sponsors here got undercut.

Cost price is around $1200 for the chain shops right now so far as I can tell. Put a deposit for one at $1090. Sweet! Cant wait for it to arrive :D :D

Wow... thats a fantastic price. Well done. Its a great machine and very easy to use. Im trying to get my partner to learn so that she can make me a coffee some day.

On the topic of these retailers...
    How do these guys survive? I thought these shops have staff to pay and need to make a profit. Im sure they make it up elsewhere but its not very fair for the smaller guys.

TC

Quote Originally Posted by 444752545E565B4756594344370 link=1312978609/1428#1428 date=1329992264
    How do these guys survive? I thought these shops have staff to pay and need to make a profit. Im sure they make it up elsewhere but its not very fair for the smaller guys.
    Big manufacturers will pay a rebate of up to 20% on all sales whilst supplying freebie demo and display machines as well as conrtibuting to marketing of their appliances. These perks are not extended to the smaller blokes....

As an example, the last batch of Smart grinders I purchased came from one of the majors. They were purchased at discounted retail- which was $35ea under my wholesale buy price. ::)

Guess its all about keeping the wagons in a circle. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by 5A766C6B707C6B7D767E190 link=1312978609/1411#1411 date=1329949935
    I appreciate the Auzie humour and spelling, Eah!!
    Courierdog,

Ow ya goin?

Welcome to CoffeeSnobs , the BDB Owners Club and thanks for your posts here.

You, Nick OY and other non-Australians will appreciate that we don’t speak pure English here but use a dialect of Australian English or Strine. Similarly, I understand that the French spoken by many Canadians varies from how she is spoke in France.

A bit of original language from the first people here:
    Adaminaby, Cootamundra, Gundagai, Coonabarabran, Tangambalanga, Uluru, Woolloomooloo and Wangaratta. These are town and place names familiar to me, taken from the Aboriginal languages. Before British settlement there were about 250 languages.

I have lived in remote parts of New South Wales and once had to shovel snow off my roof to stop the doors from jamming but never had to use a dog sled to deliver emails or get provisions.

Your BDB may be the most remote one from Australia.

Good to have your positive comments on the Australian designed BDB. I hope it continues to work well; otherwise you will need to fix it yourself or have the dogs tow it away for repairs.

It’s time for me to brew a macchiato on my BDB and roast some more beans.

Good onya mate.

Barry.

I have had very positive experiences with Gerry Nd extended warranties. To me it was worth the $200 for a replacement warranty - not repair - replacement for 5 years.

David, noticed that you had the Bogav Tamper. How does that compare to the one that comes with the DB?

It makes the Breville one look like a toy. Its heavy and feels good to use. (not that the Breville one wasnt good to use too)

Quote Originally Posted by 547D7267130 link=1312978609/1432#1432 date=1330053492
    the Bogav Tamper.
    I also have a Bogav* Tamper. This is especially made to lock into the machine magnetically like the one provided with the BDB.

It is heavier, weighing 225g while the original weighs 120g. The Bogav has a better feel.

The shiny cap is shallower, therefore encouraging overdosing, also the heavier tamper is more likely to drop out of the machine if bumped.

Chris at Talk Coffee recently said he had some of the special Bogav Sniper Tampers for sale.

Barry.

The shiny cap looks the same size to me and it hasnt fallen out yet. I got mine from Chris @ Talk Coffee

TC

Here is the Bogav Sniper again as well as the link to the sponsor post for those who would like to grab one. We sold out, but Gavin had a small stash which I was unaware of, so I grabbed them too. Once theyre gone, thats it.

Theyre a better fit in the Breville basket and have the machined 304 stainless base we enthusiasts expect in a quality tamper. There is no comparison in quality to the original and the Bogav is a far superior piece of kit IMHO.

Here are our last few Bogav Sniper tampers- discounted...

Just ordered a tamp :) Shame you didnt have the 18g VST ridgeless.... ah well.. another day :) Thanks for the discounted price... :)

Quote Originally Posted by 634A4550240 link=1312978609/1423#1423 date=1329971238
    Quote Originally Posted by 775A4E5C5352555C7A4F7D5A4F5E3B0 link=1312978609/1421#1421 date=1329970796
    Almost definitely wont be getting it then!
    I was asking more in terms of reliability/longevity of the parts in the DB itself. I guess that since its been tested to 15,000 shots by Breville, id expect it to last longer than the 5 year extended warranty anyway.
    Hopefully any problems will show up during the warranty period

The $200 can go towards my supply of fresh beans :)
    Ive also never had a problem with the store warranties. The last machine I had for about 7 years (only had a 2 year manufacturers warranty). The large chain store I got it from let me claim 4 years in and I had the entire grinder unit replace in it (yes it was an all in one :p).

When I got my BDB/BCG/dumpbox combo, I got them to give me 4 years on top of the 2 year default warranty just for the peace of mind that I can now make use of the $1500 over 7 years instead of 2 years.

I dont really expect to need it, but its peace of mind that matters.

I dont really expect to need it, but its peace of mind that matters.
    I completely agree. I know I have 5 years peace of mind. I had my old Saeco repaired 3 times in the 10 years I had it and it cost way more than the $200 extended warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by 0227302F2211777F7076460 link=1312978609/1439#1439 date=1330124248
    I had my old Saeco repaired 3 times in the 10 years I had it and it cost way more than the $200 extended warranty.
    Herein lies the biggest problem with extended warranties. When it breaks, you may not have an excuse to get rid of the thing for 10 years! :P ;D ;D

hahahaha Dennis. TRUE!

Are the naked available for the masses now?

Site Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by 5D50595E46425243370 link=1312978609/1442#1442 date=1330188520
    Are the naked available for the masses now?
    Not yet. Will be the first week of March & will post here & in a separate thread.

Cheers, Phil

I just wanted to check how everyone was going with their machine.

Ive been using the BES900 for 2~3 weeks now and have the following observations:

- Espresso is not thick and lacks fluffy mouth feel
    - Crema is light in colour and doesnt have the darker brown speckling on the surface of the crema.
    - Theres something lacking in terms of taste, but I cant put my finger on it... the coffee doesnt jump out and seems lifeless.

I am trying to work out what I can do better/differently. Can any other BES900 owners comment on the above 3 things?

FWIW:
    - OPV appears to be set correctly as pressure gauge reads between 9.5 and 10 with a real blind filter
    - Im currently using a mazzer mini; double basket for 1 cup
    - Im comparing these results using the same beans with my other setup (duetto + kony)

A lot of times when I make a coffee with the Duetto + Kony, I say to myself "wow, what a great coffee!". I am yet to say the same about the coffee from the BES900.

The rotary pump and conical burrs of my other setup probably has something to do with it, but its not very practical to have all my toys in the one spot for side by side testing, so I am keen to hear about your experiences and feedback

Site Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by 707366606A626F73626D7770030 link=1312978609/1444#1444 date=1330333748
    Im currently using a mazzer mini; double basket for 1 cup
    Theres the difference right there! I have owned several mini Mazzers over the years, mainly for decaf in commercial environments & IMHO decaf is where they belong. I have done several side by side comparisons, using the same LM Linea, same beans, same dose etc & up against a Robur it was chalk & cheese.

Cheers, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by 4241545258505D41505F4542310 link=1312978609/1444#1444 date=1330333748
    - Im currently using a mazzer mini; double basket for 1 cup
    - Im comparing these results using the same beans with my other setup (duetto + kony)
    Nice experiment you got going there.

Now Ill just wait patiently for you to post your results for the BES900 + Kony

8-)

Quote Originally Posted by 5C525A5F5856594541310 link=1312978609/1445#1445 date=1330334161
    Theres the difference right there! I have owned several mini Mazzers over the years, mainly for decaf in commercial environments & IMHO decaf is where they belong. I have done several side by side comparisons, using the same LM Linea, same beans, same dose etc & up against a Robur it was chalk & cheese.
    Phil, youve given us the BES900.

Any plans for say a BCG900 (sounds like an appropriate model #) ;)... a grinder to compete against the higher end models? ;D

Just so everyone knows, I live in Edmonton, and we do not use dogsleds except for sport, if and when we have snow. My dealer is in Toronto - 3371 Km, the Distributor is in Montreal - 3590 Km.
    I was in the market for a Dual Boiler machine, I was looking at several.
    It was down to the IZZO Duetto @$3000 and the GS3 @ $6500
    I then read the review of the Breville Dual Boiler. It was a hard thing to realize that everything could be had for $1200.
    I have no complaints on the delivered product
    I have spent a lot of time and much more coffee in the BDB only few bad shots during my set up. My wife loves the Espresso.
    The BDB makes everything so easy and consistent.
    I have an 1139..... machine which is set at a nominal 12.5 bar using a blind basket
    I obtained the Smart Grinder 1124F series. It required the shim kit and the machine came with zero shims. I added the shims per the instructions and everything is now as described.
    After much practice My espresso drops at 12 seconds and a total of 34-38 seconds using 2 cup shot button for* 60 ml of excellent espresso.
    Using the Double Wall Single Cup basket I read 8 bar after 7-8 Sec
    For consistency I use digital scales to establish the weight of the coffee
    I use the Espro Calibrated Tamper - 30 lbs
    I use the Espro Toroid Pitcher - does and excellent job of ensuring the swirl
    I use the VST 15 gm basket
    My dealer for the above equipment is in Vancouver - 1160 Km
    One good point of Edmonton - 503 Km from the source of our diesel fuel in Ft McMurry Oil Sand project. I had a laugh
    I want to thank everyone who has written on their experience with the BDB I enjoy all the comments and the humour.
    Now I have to load the Rottweiler and the Chihuahua into the truck and go get some more coffee from a local provider 11 Km
    Have a Great Day
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by 69455F58434F584E454D2A0 link=1312978609/1447#1447 date=1330367262
    Just so everyone knows, I live in Edmonton, and we do not use dogsleds except for sport, if and when we have snow. My dealer is in Toronto - 3371 Km, the Distributor is in Montreal - 3590 Km.
    I live in Taipei and I own a BES900XL. I believe your mileages are much shorter than the mileage from Taipei to Australia or from Taipei to US LA.

My BDB has been 4 months old and has made over 500 shots. I just dont believe its brilliant brewing quality, so even no local service here in Taiwan for my unit; I am still happy about my decision to buy it in US and get it back to Taiwan.

Now I a little bit worry about its lifetime and wish Breville can provide some spare parts for sales, such as brew head gasket, OPV, flow meter, and ULKA vibe pump (or their partial component renew kits).

Regards,

Nick OY

Nick:
    I agree this is one area (Spare Parts) which I think could be better.
    I would also like to obtain a service manual as I know who will end up doing the service (Me)
    I also would suggest things like the OPV be made of stainless and be adjustable from the outside like the better Italian units.
    I am almost at the point of buying a second BDB as a spare, I had a laugh
    I still insist it is by far a superior machine to most I have tried out.
    I stayed with my Rancillio Silvia so long because it was so rock solid and with care produced a decent shot of espresso.
    My only problem with the Silvia was the fact that both my wife and I prefer a milk based drink and thus the Silvia being a single boiler was a very slow and sequential device.
    I shopped around and tried out most of the other machines locally and while they produced a good shot and did a good job producing the micro foam the cost in every case began at a nominal $3000 CDN and went straight to the moon as it approached the GS3.
    I must confess that non of the more expensive italian machines make a better shot or make better micro foam IMHO
    I am very impressed with the BDB and I hope and trust Breville only decides to take it up a notch in the next generation.
    Breville has left a lot of room for improvement if they choose to compete directly against the better Italian machines.
    Most of the room is mostly in the snob class, things like a rotary pump ETC the BDB could use a drip tray which could be put in the dishwasher.
    It is all small stuff and so far Breville is competing very well in the market place.
    I think Phil and crew should be very proud of why they have achieved.
    Yes there is always room to improve and yes there are always some machines that escape the quality control cycle, but for the most part most of the problems expressed are the users getting used to how the BDB operates and making the most out of the design as presented.
    I for one am pleased with the BDB.
    All this said I have a whole list of things I would like to see BUT if I wanted most of these things I would have paid $2000 - $6000 more for the machine for the privilege of ownership. I had a laugh

Page 29 of 106 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 79 ... LastLast