Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32
Results 1,551 to 1,558 of 1558
Like Tree284Likes

Thread: Breville BES920 Dual Boiler - Owners thread

bw81

Is it possible to fill the crack in the disc with some food grade glue?

I think it is important not to over tighten the screw attaching the screen. It can become difficult to remove.

Barry
    Last edited by Barry_Duncan; 2 Weeks Ago at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry O'Speedwagon View Post
    You used to live in Perth, yeh?
    Yes indeed. Old school member i had 2x bes900 in WA when they first came out. Interesting to note they both scale up just as badly east or west coast.

I take my hat off to Breville the 920 and 900 are great machines. Ive made over 20000 cups from all my machines and they have all been consistently good. It has certainly been good value as ive definately returned my money on the investment by home roasting and brewing vs buying from cafe.
    But i have also had an issue with each machine ive had and it all creeps in around the 18 to 24 month period. Ranging from leaking group head on the machine (which Breville replaced whole machine. Thaks again to the steam lever simply wearing out, steam wand dripping, solonoid running excessively loudly, steam boiler failing to work, leaks from the top of the boilers. My 920 is in at the repair shop currently so wait and see on the outcome!

It took six years for my BES900 to scale up. I have always been carful to filter all the water I use with a Brita Maxtra Jug and the Breville water tank filter and I do three backflushes after each coffee session.

I do a clean with Di Bartoli Espresso Machine Cleaner about once a week.

While I mainly drink macchiatos. six times a year I meet up with about a dozen friends for a weekend when amongst other things they consume my coffee. That is why I need a dual boiler, as they mainly drink coffee milkshakes.

I could not refuse an upgrade to the BES920 while they were at the clearance price of $799.

It is great to have a new machine as my BES900 had become a little old slow and tired like me.

I wonder what comes next after all the 920s are sold?

Barry.
    Last edited by Barry_Duncan; 1 Week Ago at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Walting View Post
    I have had my ES920 for just over 2 years and the other day the steam wand stopped working - no audible noise of even trying - and I get 3 soft beeps when I turn the handle to on. Anyone any suggestions as to why this is happening? I have thoroughly cleaned everything, water level high, even released the descale screw for an hour in case of air pocket as suggested by service dept at Breville.

Just wondering if you found the problem to this?

I often (at least twice a week) turn the steam on to get nothing. Just the three beeps. Or a real weak shot of steam that just bubbles the milk. If I turn it off and wait another minute or two, I get full steam.

Temp says it's at 90C and all the lights are on, so I've just assumed there hasn't been enough steam pressure built up, as it's the first cup of the day and I'm impatient!

If I leave the steam open and pull a shot, the steam gradually builds and by the 30 sec mark its pretty much full pressure.

Have zero tools here to test things so flying a bit blind

Will ring Breville today, but was hoping to find an answer here. Machine is around 9 mths old so still well under warranty.

How long after switching the machine on is this coffeegirl? Mine is never ready as soon as the brew boiler is up to temp. Always takes a couple of minutes longer for me.

I would just go out on a limb and say, the solonoid is dead. I had a good chat to the repairers this morning and they mentioned the solonoids in these things die all the time for random reasons, they just let go and its nothing u can recreate, just what happens.

I just got my machine back as it just stopped filling the steamer from a descale, they said solonoid was dead, pump was basically cactus, main coffee pump was nearly dead and heaps of o-rings needed replacing!

Does the BES920XL require the filters if you have very soft water?
    Scale build up was close to nonexistent on our EM6910 without the filter.
    Last edited by geebee666; 2 Days Ago at 09:11 PM.

@ BW81

It looks like it would be easy to use a Dremel to adjust the taper to match your old one?
    Or depending on the taper a large drill bit.
    Last edited by geebee666; 16 Hours Ago at 03:13 PM.

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32