Thread: Sunbeam EM7000 Dismantling

Sunbeam EM7000 Dismantling

I've just bought a 2 year old Sunbeam EM7000. The steam ON/OFF switch is I suspect faulty and is spewing small bits of rubber!!
    I need help in dismantling this machine so I can get to the part. I am okay in dismantling Italian machines, but these Sunbeams are very frustrating.

Can anyone please give some assistance? As a last resort I could take it to Sunbeam, but that would be admitting defeat.

Thanks.

Get a flat head screwdriver and pry off the steam knob. This gives access to the steam tap. No need to remove the top of the machine.

11mm spanner to remove the tap lock nut and it will come free.

Chances are the two o-rings will have perished and will need to be replaced. Standard o-rings that are used to seal the nylon tubes in these types of machines are the right size for use on the steam tap and they're silicone so are harder wearing.
    You will also need some food grade high temperature grease, I use Inox MX6 for this application. Lubricate the o-rings and also the thread of the tap.

Thanks noidle for your advice. It was exactly as you explained. O-rings perished, needed a good flush out. I am now waiting for the new o-rings and the Inox to arrive by post and hopefully the machine will be operational again.

Dismantle EM7000 to replace thermoblock

Quote Originally Posted by noidle22 View Post
    Get a flat head screwdriver and pry off the steam knob. This gives access to the steam tap. No need to remove the top of the machine.

11mm spanner to remove the tap lock nut and it will come free.

Chances are the two o-rings will have perished and will need to be replaced. Standard o-rings that are used to seal the nylon tubes in these types of machines are the right size for use on the steam tap and they're silicone so are harder wearing.
    You will also need some food grade high temperature grease, I use Inox MX6 for this application. Lubricate the o-rings and also the thread of the tap.
    Hi noidle22 Do have any information on how to dismantle EM7000 to replace thermoblock
    I'm having great dificulty in gettingaccess, any one's help will be greatly appreciated