Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TampIt

Thread: EM 6910 Different shower screen

EM 6910 Different shower screen

Hey guys,

I'd like to replace the (quite frankly terrible) shower screen of my EM 6910. Does anyone know if a shower screen from a different brand (Rancilio, Gaggia, ...) will fit the 6910?

I can't seem to remember any problems with the em6910 shower screen. The two screens seem to distribute the flow quite well - without the portafilter in, the water wells up evenly around the middle if the machine is leveled properly. Do you do regular water & chemical backflushes to prevent the holes blocking up? I will say that the design of several pin sized holes makes it more prone to clogging up than showerscreens with large holes + mesh.

I doubt any other screens will fit the em6910 properly, nor are there aftermarket options like there are for other manufacturers.

Quote Originally Posted by Catullus View Post
    Hey guys,

I'd like to replace the (quite frankly terrible) shower screen of my EM 6910. Does anyone know if a shower screen from a different brand (Rancilio, Gaggia, ...) will fit the 6910?
    No they won't. Further, the 2 6910 showerscreens are actually not only harder to destroy than the lower end "single boiler machines" you mentioned, they are also better quality.
    Oh, and on the subject of twin showerscreens, a number of upmarket accessory makers are trying to flog the"twin screen" idea as a technical advance due to better shot flow - now available optionally on some of the more exotic machines around.

Which leads to the question - Why are they "quite frankly terrible"?
    rawill likes this.