Thread: Bringing back my Isomac Zaffiro to life has been difficult.. brown / black flecks

Bringing back my Isomac Zaffiro to life has been difficult.. brown / black flecks

Hello Folks

Wonder if I could get some guidance, here.

I've been off the coffee for quite some time, now (caffeine and I are no longer tremendous superfriends) - so my Zaffiro has been collecting dust in the kitchen for a couple of years at least.

Today, I decided to fire it up and see what's what, with a view to possibly selling it. I've kept it around because it's such a nice looking thing to have in our very not nice looking rental house - although if I'm honest, she was most definitely not nice looking when I began - bugs in the water container, dust etc.

Not to worry - I shined her up real good on the outside and then started work on getting her pulling nice clean shots of water. I went with water which had some vinegar in, to clean her out, whilst I was at it.

At first, the machine did pump out some pretty "green tea" looking water, which was good to see - but it went clear shortly thereafter and the trouble began

It would constantly pump out clean water with a few brown / blackish flecks like the picture I have enclosed. I spent around an hour, having the machine mostly on, pumping out water and it would not put out any cup of water without some of these flecks in. When I put some more vinegar in the water tank (never 100%, always diluted), the flecks would increase quite dramatically.

Now, yes, it looks like coffee - but I could not, for the life of me get the thing to stop giving me flecks in the water. I have a fear that something, internal to the machine is coming apart. If it is coffee, I would just continue to keep pulling water through it until it finally stops - but the fact is, I can quite easily add vinegar to the water and make it worse, again for a while.

It's not the end of the world if I've made a mistake and ruined it with vinegar, but I want to win the battle against the flecks if it is possible, any ideas?

Did I quit too soon? Should I have used something stronger that would have quickened the pace?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Could be wrong but when I enlarged your pic, it looked a lot like dead ants.

More so in the middle of the photo where there is a group of "them".

Quote Originally Posted by LFM60 View Post
    Could be wrong but when I enlarged your pic, it looked a lot like dead ants.
    I spent a long time poring over the flecks, wondering the same thing, but it never really looked like ants when I got extremely close to have a look.

Pull the shower screen and have a good clean up of the shower and dispersion screen. I'd also recommend complete disassembly and service of the group and valves.

You might consider having a pro give it a once over. They're simple and if it's operating, it should come up really well.

Thanks for that advice.

I pulled the shower screen and .. wow. The "resin" of about 1000 coffees up there

She now puts out nice clean water.