Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Dimal
  • 2 Post By trentski
  • 2 Post By JetBlack_Espresso
  • 1 Post By geebee666
  • 2 Post By Casa Espresso

Thread: Lelit Combi questions

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    41

    Lelit Combi questions

    What is the maximum clearance for cups?
    Does it have low water warning?
    Can it do 3 cappuccinos in one go or will I have to wait for the boiler to reheat to finish frothing?
    Will it cope with ~20 cups a day for several years?
    Finally is there an online user manual to read?
    Thanks

  2. #2
    Mal Dimal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Warwick, QLD
    Posts
    15,502
    Lots of info here...
    Lelit Combi (PL042EMI)

    Mal.
    kbc likes this.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    16
    I'm looking at the same machine mate
    From what I can see, you're going to need to wait for the boiler to heat when you finish pulling shots etc because it's not a dual boiler
    mate yiu getting this as a commercial machine?? 20 cups??

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by mathiar View Post
    I'm looking at the same machine mate
    From what I can see, you're going to need to wait for the boiler to heat when you finish pulling shots etc because it's not a dual boiler
    mate yiu getting this as a commercial machine?? 20 cups??
    I watched a Jetblack video and he pulled 2 shots and steamed enough milk for an easy 3 cappuccinos so I was hoping 3 shots plus milk may scrape through, the brew to steam time looks like around 40 seconds going of other youtube clips that don't cut to steaming

    Cup size is a biggy for me as we have a stack of double walled coffee glasses that I like to use, just the right size and they stay hot for ages.

    No domestic only, 3 adult coffee addicts in the house plus occasional visitors, we only drink cappuccinos for hot drinks, so 16 plus most days.

  5. #5
    Senior Member trentski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Altona, Melbourne
    Posts
    1,570
    You need a hx. You can do it with a single boiler but you'll hate yourself. Pull 3 doubles and then steam milk your 1st double will be devoid of crema and cold by the time the milks ready.
    Brewster and Casa Espresso like this.

  6. #6
    Site Sponsor
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Frenchs Forest NSW
    Posts
    674
    Quote Originally Posted by trentski View Post
    You need a hx. You can do it with a single boiler but you'll hate yourself. Pull 3 doubles and then steam milk your 1st double will be devoid of crema and cold by the time the milks ready.
    Pour hot milk into a shot that's been sitting on the bench for 2 minutes and you'll have a hot cappuccino. Will the coffee taste bad because the crema has dissipated in that time? If that first coffee tastes bad it won't be because it's been sitting for a couple of minutes, it will be due to something else.

    But for 20 coffees a day ... that sounds like HX/DB territory to me too.

    charlie
    Dimal and LeroyC like this.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    41
    So a Nuova Simonelli Oscar would be a better bet?

    I like the Lelit PL60 as well, but at close to 50% more expensive than the best price I can find on the Oscar due to the new v2 coming out........
    Casa Espresso likes this.

  8. #8
    Site Sponsor Casa Espresso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    506
    Quote Originally Posted by geebee666 View Post
    So a Nuova Simonelli Oscar would be a better bet?

    I like the Lelit PL60 as well, but at close to 50% more expensive than the best price I can find on the Oscar due to the new v2 coming out........
    Oscar II is here now, there are only a few of the old model Oscar available.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    41
    Any idea how will parts supply will be for the Oscar 1 in say 5 years time?

  10. #10
    Site Sponsor Casa Espresso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    506
    Quote Originally Posted by geebee666 View Post
    Any idea how will parts supply will be for the Oscar 1 in say 5 years time?
    Would be absolutely no issue.

    The group head seal and shower screen on the Oscar is the same as the Oscar II, as well as being the same as Nuova Simonellis commercial unit the "Appia"

    Presurstat the same Campini unit.

    Boiler the same 2L and same element.

    If you are considering the old model Oscar future parts availability should not be a worry.

    We have sold the Oscar for over 8 years. IMO its still the best bang for your buck heat exchanger on the market.

    Feel free to call me directly if you need any other advice

    cheers

    Antony
    Casa Espresso
    (03) 9530 8992
    Dimal and geebee666 like this.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •