Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Amandajayne
  • 1 Post By Amandajayne
  • 2 Post By LeroyC
  • 1 Post By Amandajayne

Thread: Lelit reviews pros/cons

Lightbulb Lelit reviews pros/cons

Hi
    I'm thinking of getting one of the Lelit coffee machines, I have no idea what one to get So any advise or feedback on these would be appreciated. Cheers
    SurfPunk likes this.

Hi Amandajayne, I bought my Lelit Mara in August last year, upgrading from a Breville.

The things that appealed to me about the Lelit (then and now) were that it has a minimalist functional design, its all stainless, it doesn't have to be plumbed in, and it is quite small. The things I don't like so much about it are the cramped access to the water tank and that it is quite noisy (although having it on a metal bench may contribute to that).

I can make beautiful shots of coffee with it, much better than the old Breville.

TBH, there are so many good machines on the market that your best bet is to visit the showroom of one of the CS sponsors and have a hands on look at a few different machines. I started out thinking I wanted a lever machine but a side by side demo of my Mara and a Profitec 700 convinced me I didn't need the lever.

Good luck with the search!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Amandajayne View Post
    Hi
    I'm thinking of getting one of the Lelit coffee machines, I have no idea what one to get So any advise or feedback on these would be appreciated. Cheers
    Thanks for the info
    unfortunately I live in a small town so I have no way of visiting a showroom as the nearest city is about 3 hrs drive, the breville was my next choice so thanks for your input on the two machines.
    I have 2/3 cups per day I'm just after a machine that makes awesome coffee

Welcome Amandajayne...

We would need to know your budget constraints for both a decent grinder and an espresso machine.
    A machine without a decent grinder to use with it, is a complete waste of time.

Of course, Lelit machines also come as a so-called "Combi" wherein the grinder and the machine are contained within a single compact chassis. Also a good option if the budget is tight...

Mal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimal View Post
    Welcome Amandajayne...

We would need to know your budget constraints for both a decent grinder and an espresso machine.
    A machine without a decent grinder to use with it, is a complete waste of time.

Of course, Lelit machines also come as a so-called "Combi" wherein the grinder and the machine are contained within a single compact chassis. Also a good option if the budget is tight...

Mal.
    I have a grinder my budget it about $1500

I have a grinder my budget it $1500 im going to look at the breville today as they are the only ones stocked near me, heading to Sydney on the weekend so hopefully I'll get to look at a few different options.
    K_Bean_Coffee likes this.

I have a grinder my budget it $1500 im going to look at the breville today as they are the only ones stocked near me, heading to Sydney on the weekend so hopefully I'll get to look at a few different options.
    There are plenty of good places to check out high quality coffee machines in Sydney so it's definitely worth making the time to do so if you're in town. Coffee Snobs sponsors Jetblack Espresso in Frenchs Forest and Di Bartoli in Bondi Junction are two of the best.
    Dimal and K_Bean_Coffee like this.

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyC View Post
    There are plenty of good places to check out high quality coffee machines in Sydney so it's definitely worth making the time to do so if you're in town. Coffee Snobs sponsors Jetblack Espresso in Frenchs Forest and Di Bartoli in Bondi Junction are two of the best.
    thank you for mentioning us, we have a few machines in your price range.

Regards

Renzo

I have a grinder my budget it about $1500
    Hi Amanda,

Take a look at the Lelit PL60.
    That's a very nice dual boiler unit at $1500.
    www.kbean.com.au/espresso-machines/lelit-pl60r1

Cheers, Paul

Quote Originally Posted by K_Bean_Coffee View Post
    Hi Amanda,

Take a look at the Lelit PL60.
    That's a very nice dual boiler unit at $1500.
    www.kbean.com.au/espresso-machines/lelit-pl60r1

Cheers, Paul
    thank you everyone I've decided on the Lelit PL60 and a new grinder
    Dimal likes this.

thank you everyone I've decided on the Lelit PL60 and a new grinder
    Cool choice. Post pics when you get it