Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By Di_Bartoli
  • 2 Post By nickm35

Thread: BZ99 issues or am I missing something

BZ99 issues or am I missing something

Hi,

Long time lurker, first post. I've picked up a second hand bz99 that I think has arrived DOA. Issue is, i hit the power button and it lights up but the rest of the machine is dead. No relay clicks or element light comes on. Tank is full. I belive this could the be a relay or is it possibly the dreaded cigar box? Or am i missing something silly.
    Vendor is reputable, im sure it'll be sorted, but I dont want to look like an idiot!

Cheers!

Is yours one with a removable tank? Are the green light on?

Quote Originally Posted by MrJack View Post
    Is yours one with a removable tank? Are the green light on?
    Fixed tank. No green light.

Hi Nickm35;

Check your orange switch may be one of the poles is not connected

Check wire connect to water tank, this must be connect other wise machine will not send signal to the heating element to switch ON.

you can also check if the board is filling by disconnecting the yellow wire from the top of the boiler the machine should start filling after 10 seconds you turn it ON, you want to do this first because uou want to know if is water in the boiler otherwise you can burn the heating element

to check the heating element and the pressure switch you will need a multi-meter

just give a buzz if you want to talk about it

Regards

Renzo
    Last edited by Di_Bartoli; 11th April 2017 at 11:01 AM. Reason: forgot to sign name
    Dimal, MrJack and MattyRay like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Di_Bartoli View Post
    Hi Nickm35;

Check your orange switch may be one of the poles is not connected

Check wire connect to water tank, this must be connect other wise machine will not send signal to the heating element to switch ON.

you can also check if the board is filling by disconnecting the yellow wire from the top of the boiler the machine should start filling after 10 seconds you turn it ON, you want to do this first because uou want to know if is water in the boiler otherwise you can burn the heating element

to check the heating element and the pressure switch you will need a multi-meter

just give a buzz if you want to talk about it

Regards
    Renzo
    Renzo, your a godsend for BZ99 owners!

I checked the main switch, pressure stat had continuity, so did element. I checked the voltage over the PS and active which gave 0v which indicates to me an input to the cigar box is not triggering the machine on. I bridged the water sensor to no avail.

The machine went to a repairer (at original vendors cost) and they were unable to repair it for me after substituting the CIGAR box and R1.

I'm sending the machine back to the original vendor, but I hope to get them to repair it or provide me with an alternate machine as I do love these old BZ99s.

Bit strange that the repairer couldn't fix it, or at least diagnose the issue. One of the guys at work has one and they don't seem out of the ordinary.

Regards,

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by MattyRay View Post
    Bit strange that the repairer couldn't fix it, or at least diagnose the issue. One of the guys at work has one and they don't seem out of the ordinary.

Regards,

Matt
    You're right Matt. They're fairly simple. I was dissapointed. Hopefully i can find a replacement machine soon enough.
    matth3wh and MattyRay like this.

In the gicar rl30 box, it appears the 24v side of the transformer is an open cct. I suspect this is the issue. Its interesting seeing that this box was swapped out for another. Perhaps the substitute box was stuffed also.