Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MattyRay

Thread: Cleaning a La Pavoni Professional

Cleaning a La Pavoni Professional

Hi all.

I've just bought a LP professional from a CS. It's brand new. I've read the instructions, but it's next to useless about cleaning. I've just switched from a Silvia, and because the Silvia has a pressure release valve, you have to backflush regularly to keep it clean. The LP of course has no such valve. So should I be doing any flushing/cleaning after each use?

Gonzo

Someone who knows will hopefully chime in as I have no experience with lever machines, but I think I read on here that because lever machines don't have the pump pressure pushing forward then effectively creating a vacuum when the pump stops they won't have the grinds in the pipes the same way a pump machine will. So wiping / flushing is sufficient. Again wait for someone else to say.

Wiping & flushing is about all I do with mine. I've pulled it down a couple of times to replace seals etc and there is pretty much no visible buildup anywhere. If you were pedantic you could remove the group head seal/shower screen and clean the screen and in the seal area, but there is not much more that you can or need to do.

Regards,

Matt
    Dimal likes this.

I have the Piccola not the Pro but the concept should be the same. As the previous poster said, just wiping and flushing is all that's required. Just another thing I do if I'm not using the machine is after emptying the boiler, I leave the filler cap off for any moisture not to remain inside.

Definitely no back flushing.

Good quality filtered water, a cleaning flush and using a group head brush is all you really need weekly cleaning.

12 month group head seal replacement and maybe boiler cap o ring

2 to 3 years fro the piston seals depending on use.

Overall these are a very easy machine to maintain.

Cheers

Antony
    CASA EASPRESSO

Thanks Antony. Very useful advice.

Gonzo.