Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By fuzzyfozzy
  • 1 Post By fuzzyfozzy
  • 2 Post By fuzzyfozzy
  • 1 Post By fuzzyfozzy

Thread: Nuova Simonelli Mac Cup S

Nuova Simonelli Mac Cup S

Hi, picked up the Mac cup a few weeks ago thinking the hardest thing would be running a new water point in my kitchen to plumb it in. Was I wrong..

Machine had been sitting in storage for some time. After stripping down it was clear it needed some TLC. The only spots not covered in scale inside the boiler are where there is pitting and cracks in the heat exchanger tube. 😧

Not admiting defeat, after descaling I drilled out the old tube souced some 40 mm type a Copper tube (3mm wall) from work. Salvaged the brass ends and silver soldered it all back together.

Dimal likes this.

The machine is now temp set up over my sink while I dial it in and check over it for leaks.
    Dimal likes this.

Replaced every seal, oring, rubber feet and capacitor only thing still needed is a dual pressure gauge as it is not reading true. Refit resprayed pannels and polished stainless. Ohh and get round to plumbing it in.
    Last edited by fuzzyfozzy; 2 Days Ago at 01:29 AM.
    Dimal and matth3wh like this.

That's an impressive effort. I see you had some help though so can't take all the credit.

Thanks, yeah the Lil guy helped with all the setbacks. He is enjoying the fruits of his labour with hot chocolate's and baby Chino's.
    Dimal likes this.