Like Tree17Likes
  • 9 Post By gonzob
  • 6 Post By JCR33
  • 2 Post By murrmax

Thread: Wowed by La Pavoni Pro!

Wowed by La Pavoni Pro!

Hi all.

I've been using a Silvia for the last 5 years - great machine.

I've been wanting a LP lever machine for a few years, but wasn't sure... well, two weeks ago my (almost new) LP Pro arrived (from a CSr). I make 3 shots a day, and we don't have a lot of visitors, so the LP is a good fit.

Wow. The first shot I made was at least as good as the best I'd made from Silvia. Since then it's got better. The grind has to be quite a bit finer, but gee it makes a good shot. It gets up to temperature quickly, it is really easy to clean, and it even makes good milk. The only downside is that to get the shot at the right temp (hot) the cup and the pf need to be pre-heated.

I like the fact that you don't have to change the temperature setting to steam milk. In fact, I make the milk first - in the mug I'm going to drink from - and then make the shot and dump it in. No latte art for me!

An all-round good experience!

Gonzo

I have been using La Pavoni for the last eight years and making 2-4 cups a day. I must say it is hard for many commercial machine to compete in terms of cost/quality ratio. Like many things in life, it is the person behind the machine that counts.

Don't get me wrong, I think bigger machine are great and should be better, but they are not made for small run.

This is my machine and how I make my daily shots...

I love my La Pavoni and agree you can get superb shots but you need to put a bit more effort/ concentration in than the button machines..
    Casa Espresso and matth3wh like this.

I always wondered what the LP would be like.....hardest thing i found with a small lever was getting the grind and tamp right. But since i've done that, i find the lever machines produce a great coffee for the price, would rival many cafes i've been to. Having a naked PF looks unreal as well, i havent done that yet.

i know one thing people think is a downfall of the smaller machines, is how many coffees you can make before a fill up or start to burn the coffee, but i've managed to get about 8 (half flat whites and other short blacks) before getting low..no over heating either....only criticism from the guests was my art wasnt very good I had a laugh.

Great to hear about your experience, i'll be keeping my eye out for a LP one of these days.