Thread: Help! Rancilio Silvia v5 Broken :(

Help! Rancilio Silvia v5 Broken :(

Hi all, I bought a 2nd hand Rancilio Silvia v5 from a CS member a couple of years ago. It has been my pride and joy however the other day I did something stupid and now it won't heat up

I checked the little red override switch (which had tripped in the past) but it's not that, its firmly pressed in.

What happened was I was in a very brain foggy mood and I had the steam button on heating the boiler to do some milk frothing - but then forgot what I was doing and ran a shot of coffee WHILST the steam button was still pressed down. A whole lot of pressure and craziness went into my coffee shot and I was trying to work out what happened and then realised the steam button was down.

And now it won't heat up

So my questions are:

1) Is there any way I can easily test what the issue might be?

2) If I can work out what the issue is, is it worth trying to fix myself?

3) If not, who would be the best person / place to send it to for looking at / fixing (if it can be)?

Thanks everyone.

Ant H

Does anyone at the very least have any idea who the best person or place to take my Silvia is?

Sounds like the element may have fried if the boiler ran dry.

You can test is by checking the resistance of the element if you are electrically able.

I believe the newer versions of silvias have elements that are part of the boiler. So if element is shot you would need a new boiler.

If you provide your location it will be easier for people to suggest where to go.

Cheers

Hi People, thanks for all the replies - and yeah, sorry about location. I'm in Bairnsdale which is 3 hours EAST of Melbourne so I imagine it will be taking a trip to Melbourne.

Thanks Coffe4me2, I'll look up Coffeearoma.

Cheers,

Last edited by anthubbard; 1st June 2017 at 01:06 PM.