Thread: Otto Induction top and Caffetierra

Otto Induction top and Caffetierra

Hi, I'm trying to workout how I can make a nice espresso at home, I usually just go for a short / long black so thinking of sticking with a sub $100 Caffetierra. Looking around I see there's the Otto Little Guy for which they sell an induction top. If I go with a "Bialetti Moka Induction" will this work with the Otto Induction top?

Quote Originally Posted by steveski View Post
    Hi, I'm trying to workout how I can make a nice espresso at home, I usually just go for a short / long black so thinking of sticking with a sub $100 Caffetierra. Looking around I see there's the Otto Little Guy for which they sell an induction top. If I go with a "Bialetti Moka Induction" will this work with the Otto Induction top?
    Maybe, but maybe not as the Little Guy induction stove top is designed to work specifically with The Little Guy.

G'day Steveski
    I just tried using my old stainless bialleti (not specifically an induction model) on the otto induction top. It worked pretty well.
    On a side note the little guy is a great way to make good espresso (some people may argue that it is not true espresso, but close enough for me) at home for one or maybe two people.

Quote Originally Posted by DanC View Post
    G'day Steveski
    I just tried using my old stainless bialleti (not specifically an induction model) on the otto induction top. It worked pretty well.
    On a side note the little guy is a great way to make good espresso (some people may argue that it is not true espresso, but close enough for me) at home for one or maybe two people.
    Thanks for confirming that. My main issue is I can't find the Otto anywhere for sale (available). Are they still making them?

Have a look at the Little Guy Facebook page. Apparently they have entered into an agreement with Kitchen Aid and will be relaunching in August. There have been further improvements to the induction top to improve reliability (touch wood, I haven't had any issues with mine)

They have been out of stock recently while waiting for supply from the maufactures,

Thanks for confirming that. My main issue is I can't find the Otto anywhere for sale (available). Are they still making them?
    There's a few people with some stock left in NZ, but that doesn't really help you does it. You'll probably just have to wait for the re-launch in August to buy it in Australia. As Otago said if you follow them on Facebook you'll get all the latest info.