Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By MediumRoastSteam
  • 1 Post By coffeechris
  • 1 Post By matth3wh
  • 1 Post By matth3wh

Thread: Baratza Sette 270W grinder? Any feedback or other recommendation.

Baratza Sette 270W grinder? Any feedback or other recommendation.

Hi snobs

I have the Cunil El Tranquillo grinder and I've been considering upgrading the Baratza Sette 270W. Seems reasonably priced and grind to a weight which, if it works as advertised would be great. Have any experience on this model?

Thanks in advance
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Thegrinch View Post
    Hi snobs

I have the Cunil El Tranquillo grinder and I've been considering upgrading the Baratza Sette 270W. Seems reasonably priced and grind to a weight which, if it works as advertised would be great. Have any experience on this model?

Thanks in advance
    Steve
    Have a look on the UK Coffee Forums: coffeeforums dot co dot uk, there is a whole thread about this model and how unreliable it has been.

I'm in the UK myself and an active member on that forum.

A few of the members had to return their units back, as it simply died or malfunctioned after a few months, which has definitely put most of the members off.

However, it seems that the problems are mainly related to the "W" version, so the "non W" seems to be fine.

I for one was very keen on purchasing one, but the feedback I read put me right off, to the point I bought a Kinu M68 (manual grinder) instead! - At least that one has a 10 year guarantee and has nothing to go wrong. :-)
    Thegrinch likes this.

IF you search within this forum you will find Info on peoples thoughts prior to them coming out and those who have had them since they came out.

Oh and dont read to much into it...You might put yourself off getting one.

baratza sette 270w - Thoughts buy guide
    matth3wh likes this.

Yes. There's gazillions of pages on the 270W here on CS and also references to other forums references. So get stuck in... see you in a few weeks. There's heaps of reading.
    coffeechris likes this.

Thanks everyone, all that reading and not sure what to do. I always thought my cunill was pretty good, only that the dose delivered may vary a little sometimes. I've no problem with the actual quality of the grind but looking for a machine that will give a reliable, consistent dose of the same weight every time. Does this exist?

I use my 270w to dose into the supplied bucket thingy. Shake it. Then tip into the portafilter. Happy enough with that and a very accurate dose each time.

Baratza Sette 270W grinder? Any feedback or other recommendation.

Quote Originally Posted by Thegrinch View Post
    ooking for a machine that will give a reliable, consistent dose of the same weight every time. Does this exist?
    It seems from this thread that the 270W will do this for you. Within .1 to .2 of a gram.

I'm trying to get work to buy a 270W as I don't think they will spot the $1.1k for the quiet Atom. Will see what happens.

New office renovation means we can try to get a new coffee machine too... but again will see what $ figures we have to play with. Surely $2k to $3.5k extra in the office refit isn't too much to ask for. :-)
    Last edited by matth3wh; 2 Weeks Ago at 02:15 PM.
    Casa Espresso likes this.