Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Chrisf91

Thread: PID or Macap M2M?

PID or Macap M2M?

Hi coffeesnobs,

I posted a few weeks ago about a PID for my rancilio Silva. Before I commit to buying the PID I just wanted to find out if it would be more worthwhile to invest in a new grinder. I currently own a Lelit PL43MMI, which I've had for almost 3years. I had thought about upgrading to a Macap M2M.

What do you guys think would be a more worthwhile investment the PID or Macap M2M?

I have the M2M with my PID Silvia and can produce great coffee.

I thought the PL43 was a micro-metric grinder, so I thought it would be more than capable of producing a good shot. I don't know enough about the PL43, but on paper I would think it would be more a side step rather than a step up.

The PID will give you consistency with brew temperature which makes a big difference.

Hang on to the Lelit Grinder, nothing wrong with them....

A correctly installed and setup PID Controller will reap rewards, without doubt.

Mal.

Agree with above that a PID will be a better step in the right direction rather than worrying about the grinder at this stage.

It completely takes the guesswork out of brew temperature and means you have one less variable to worry about.

Thanks Mal and dbun! PID it is
    Dimal likes this.