Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By simonsk8r
  • 1 Post By level3ninja
  • 2 Post By rawill

Thread: 6910 found on the side of the road - 2 questions

6910 found on the side of the road - 2 questions

Hi Snobs,

I found a 6910 on the side of the road with a bunch of other stuff outside a house near my in-laws. After adding a couple of tiny magnets to the water tank sensor, replacing the group head gasket, adding a cereal packet spacer, soaking the shower screen and baskets etc in espresso clean for a few days it seems reaosnbly happy. Haven't tried pulling shots or steaming anything yet though.

2 queries I have: is it normal to get a few drips out of the group when running hot water?

Also the spring on the valve at the bottom of the water tank seems to have lost its sprung and the valve stays open every time I remove the water tank and I have to pull the anti scale thing off and push it closed. Is there an easy fix, i.e. but a new spring or unclog something?

(I don't have any answers for you and can't offer anything evenly remotely helpful.... but...)

SCORE!

Yup! Once I've cleaned it up and had a play I'm hoping to find it a forever home with all the love and care it never got at its last home. Seriously though I reckon the low water magnet issue was why it got dumped, though given the neighbourhood and the other items it was with (among other things a near new bossu ball and a Netgear D6400, which was a nice upgrade from my old router) I don't think they needed much of an excuse. Satisfyingly easy to give it a new lease of life.
    matth3wh likes this.

Rbn
    Pity I wasn't closer, I have a home for it.
    Great find!

Pull some shots and enjoy, oh you need a grinder.
    Have look outside the next house, who knows!
    matth3wh and level3ninja like this.