Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By noidle22
  • 1 Post By matth3wh
  • 1 Post By nzgreenbean

Thread: Sun Beam EM7000 when warming up spitting steam

Sun Beam EM7000 when warming up spitting steam

Hello

My Sunbeam EM7000 when it is warming up, or after I have completed an extraction is spitting steam from thegrouphead, - Which valve do I need to replace?

Appreciate advice

The relay to control the thermoblock will have shorted closed causing the group thermoblock to be permanently on. The safety thermostat will opening at around 110C so this is why you see boiling water coming from the group head.

This will be the same issue as to why your steam thermoblock is staying on (from your other thread).

The relays will need to be replaced, or, the entire circuit board. I wrote a post in this thread outlining the repair procedure. Sunbeam EM7000 Steam Wand just producing water

The steam and group thermoblock both use the same type of relay.
    matth3wh and level3ninja like this.

Quote Originally Posted by noidle22 View Post
    The relay to control the thermoblock will have shorted closed causing the group thermoblock to be permanently on. The safety thermostat will opening at around 110C so this is why you see boiling water coming from the group
    Thank you heaps for all the info Noidle22. Greatly appreciated by many people.
    level3ninja likes this.

Hello Noidle22,

Appreciate your knowledge and advice on the matter, I'll replace the relay first.

Thanks
    John
    matth3wh likes this.