Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By JetBlack_Espresso
  • 1 Post By dbun

Thread: Buying our next coffee machine - Lelit Victoria?

Buying our next coffee machine - Lelit Victoria?

Hi Folks,

First post here, just reading a little to do some research and will be looking to get a coffee machine for my partner and I in the lead up to Christmas.

I'd like something that will last, we had a cheap Breville machine BES250BSS? Which we thought was a reasonable machine for about 5 years, it only saw use 4ish days a week, with 1-2 coffee's per day.

At this stage I have been looking at the Jetblack website and the following were appealing:
    - Lelit Victoria PL91T
    - Lelit PL41TEMD
    - Lelit Combi PL042TEMD

We check out the consumer machines in JBHIFI and the like when we are strolling around town and I suppose these would be reasonable too?

My concern is that the Lelit machines are overkill for our needs and the options for professional servicing will be limited (we live in Albury) it will get the same amount of use as the other machine, but hopefully produce better coffee and last longer. My partner once worked as a commercial barista and is comfortable with the cleaning regime etc so hopefully we will have the skills and patience to maintain a reasonable machine should we go down that path.

I haven't set a concrete budget, but it would be nice to get away under $1,200.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Site Sponsor
    Welcome to CoffeeSnobs!

Lelit machines are made to last and the models on your short list are capable of making great coffee. If you look at it in terms of an investment that will pay back over many years the real cost of owning one of these can be very reasonable.

Assuming you don't have a grinder yet, and given your budget is around 1200, the 42TEMD looks like a pretty good fit.

Servicing one of these machines is pretty straightforward and most technicians can do it. Spare parts are readily available too.

charlie
    Dimal likes this.

You could also look into some second hand machines on here as well?

Grinders are a pretty safe bet as they good quality ones will last and last with semi-regular replacement of burrs.

Most of the entry level machines you can do basic maintenance yourself - eg seal replacements every 12-24 months depending on use.

The Victoria is a very interesting machine with the auto-refill function - very useful for a single boiler!
    Dimal likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dbun View Post
    The Victoria is a very interesting machine with the auto-refill function - very useful for a single boiler!
    A category killer in my opinion, so long as the alternative is properly explained...

Mal.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll check out the second hand machines and see what is available. Being in Albury presents a challenge in this respect as I assume postage is rather expensive.
    I do like the Lelit - but still conflicted on the cost of these more expensive machines...