Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Gronk
  • 2 Post By Gronk
  • 1 Post By rawill
  • 2 Post By Yelta

Thread: Em6910 no pressure

Em6910 no pressure

Hi all. First time poster long time snob stalker. The wealth of knowledge on here has made it so I've never had to actually post anything. Until now.
    I have an em6910 and dose control pro, 2nd hand, and got it all dialled in. Til I backflushed and descale. And changed beans. Now no matter what I do the water just runs straight through it. Even when over dosed and the grinder on its finest setting which would choke it previously.
    Is it sh!t coffee (Vittoria), or something that happened during the backflush?
    On the pressure it only sits on about 8 o'clock where previously it was just kissing the red.
    If I put the backflush disk in it does go into the red, so at least I know it still can.
    Thoughts?

Did you take the grinder apart at all? If not it sounds like old/stale beans. Get some freshly roasted beans and try again.

Java "Old beans suck" phile
    Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gronk View Post
    Is it sh!t coffee (Vittoria), or something that happened during the backflush?
    Does this mean you are using Vittoria beans? If so I would be willing to put money on this being the problem.

That's where my thought process was going. What's my chances of returning them? Slim to none.
    To answer your question, haven't touched the grinder other than grind coarsness.

I think Javaphile hit the nail on the head, Vittoria beans even at their best are rubbish.

Buy some freshly roasted beans from here CoffeeSnobs - BeanBay and my betting is you won't look back.

Quote Originally Posted by Yelta View Post
    I think Javaphile hit the nail on the head, Vittoria beans even at their best are rubbish.

Buy some freshly roasted beans from here CoffeeSnobs - BeanBay and my betting is you won't look back.
    Thanks, Yelta. I've had pressurised baskets, smaller machines, and preground previously. I wanted to use cheap beans to get my skills up, but looking in the Bean Bay I see it's a false economy.
    Also, no judging on what I've had previously; there is a reason I've moved to better equipment.
    Yelta likes this.

And the winner is... javaphile for stale beans.
    Now I know the symptoms so not a waste in my eyes. Got them swapped for something else and we are back to normal.
    Thanks for your help, guys. I was freaking out that my machine had exploded.
    rawill and level3ninja like this.

Rbn
    i am surprised. I did not think stale beans could be that bad!
    latte1978 likes this.

In some cases you might just as well use sawdust.
    coffeechris and level3ninja like this.