Thread: Sunbeam em7000 always in standby mode

Sunbeam em7000 always in standby mode

Our Sunbeam em7000 is around 4years old now and recently it has developed an issue where it will always be in standby mode when turned off at the front panel.
    We've tried resetting factory settings and standby settings. Our solution is to turn it off at the power point but sometimes we do forget and the machine remains in standby which we imagine is not good for the machine and wasting unnecessary electricity.
    Just wondering if anyone has had the same issue and if there is an easy fix before we take it for repairs?

My EM700 is doing the same thing , it is always hot unless I unplug it from the wall , did you ever find a fix for this problem ?

Quote Originally Posted by mrpicki View Post
    Our Sunbeam em7000 is around 4years old now and recently it has developed an issue where it will always be in standby mode when turned off at the front panel.
    We've tried resetting factory settings and standby settings. Our solution is to turn it off at the power point but sometimes we do forget and the machine remains in standby which we imagine is not good for the machine and wasting unnecessary electricity.
    Just wondering if anyone has had the same issue and if there is an easy fix before we take it for repairs?

Stuck relays or busted triacs? there was someone on the BES900/920 thread mentioning a similar thing about their Breville, and turns out it's one (or all) of the triacs on the power control board.

Quote Originally Posted by inorog View Post
    Stuck relays or busted triacs? there was someone on the BES900/920 thread mentioning a similar thing about their Breville, and turns out it's one (or all) of the triacs on the power control board.
    THanks , After I posted I did find a post saying it could be relay , I will have a look at the BES900/920 thread as well.

My EM6910 once woke me in the middle of the night when it was powered down at the Machine but not at the wall. Ever since then, I have always turned my machines off at the Wall if it they are not going to be used within the next hour (this includes my current EM7000)