Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By LeroyC

Thread: Help needed: Sunbeam EM6910 water leak at steam pump

Help needed: Sunbeam EM6910 water leak at steam pump

Hey folks,

Iím in the middle of resurrection another abused 6910. Itís actually in quite good condition, but it was so filthy when I picked it up that it was hard to tell. Itís always a bad sign when the backflush disk is still taped inside the back door where it was when it came home from the shop!
    Iíve managed to get the group thermoblock clear and running well. The 3-way is working fine and Iíve replaced the munted collar. The steam thermoblock had zero flow so Iíve replaced that with a clear one which exposed more issues. The first was that the steam valve had a leak so thatís bean replaced. The final issue is the one I need help with. Everything is running now but Iím getting a water leak from the top of the fitting that attaches to the top of the steam pump. Hereís a photo for reference-

Is there supposed to be some sort of gasket in there? What about the 4 or 5 tiny washers I found in the bottom of the machine? Are they supposed to be in there? Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers.

Stand down! Problem solved. It was actually embarrassingly simple - I didnít replace the o-ring when I replaced the fitting. All sorted now and the machine is running!
    rawill and spin_addict like this.

Another 6910 resurrected and in service making good coffee.

"Another 6910 resurrected and in service making good coffee."... and they do it so well... Pity they are so noisy (banned from kitchen here) as I reckon it does a better job than most new machines (including my 7000 which is "so much quieter" it is allowed into said micro kitchen).