Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By zeezaw
  • 1 Post By marz0281
  • 1 Post By Dimal

Thread: Bz07s versions help

Bz07s versions help

Hi. currently looking at a used bezzera Bz07, this unit doesn't have the temperature led at the front and there's no 3 buttons on the side.
    Does anyone have an idea of what Bz07 version is this? is it worth getting. price is 1k.

this is what number it has Bz07spm1il7d . I can't find any info on this unit.

Any info is greatly appreciated

Thank you

DE models are volumetric, PM are manual. Also available with or without PID. If you download the parts schematics from Bezzera's website you should be able to work out roughly what model it is. Have you seen the label under the drip tray with the manufacturing year?

See also http://www.bezzera.it/?p=articoli&id=9&lang=en

Edit: from your description that is the non volumetric, non-PID version. Nothing wrong with that at all, in fact it's probably identical internally to my relatively new BZ10 that I am extremely happy with.

Whether to buy it or not would depend on condition, age, and price.

Quote Originally Posted by zeezaw View Post
    DE models are volumetric, PM are manual. Also available with or without PID. If you download the parts schematics from Bezzera's website you should be able to work out roughly what model it is. Have you seen the label under the drip tray with the manufacturing year?

See also Bezzera

Edit: from your description that is the non volumetric, non-PID version. Nothing wrong with that at all, in fact it's probably identical internally to my relatively new BZ10 that I am extremely happy with.

Whether to buy it or not would depend on condition, age, and price.

it's in pretty good condition. the year is 2008 and it's its $850.

@Zeezaw thank you for the reply.

the year on the unit on the label on the drip tray is 2008.
    The unit is in pretty good condition and the asking price is $850.

I wonder if having the pid makes a huge difference?
    Last edited by marz0281; 6th February 2018 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marz0281 View Post
    I wonder if having the pid makes a huge difference?
    TL;DR Most people would consider the PID a nice-to-have rather than something essential.

The PID would allow you to change the (steam) boiler temperature without opening up the machine if you're into that sort of thing (for example, to adjust brew temperature for specific beans).

However, they are reportedly not very effective at accurately controlling the brew temperature due to the way a HX works. Given the BZ group is actively heated and not adjustable in temperature, a PID will matter even less.

Here's some more discussion on that topic:

https://www.home-barista.com/espress...ine-t3697.html

Edit: added tl;dr
    matth3wh likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by zeezaw View Post
    TL;DR Most people would consider the PID a nice-to-have rather than something essential.

The PID would allow you to change the (steam) boiler temperature without opening up the machine if you're into that sort of thing (for example, to adjust brew temperature for specific beans).

However, they are reportedly not very effective at accurately controlling the brew temperature due to the way a HX works. Given the BZ group is actively heated and not adjustable in temperature, a PID will matter even less.

Here's some more discussion on that topic:

https://www.home-barista.com/espress...ine-t3697.html

Edit: added tl;dr

Awesome info. Thank you
    zeezaw likes this.

Pretty sure that CS Sponsor http://coffeesnobs.com.au/sponsors/3...machinist.html experimented with Group Heating Element control using a PID Controller and achieved excellent results. All comes down to how far you want to go with this sort of thing...

Mal.
    marz0281 likes this.