Thread: Sunbeam EM7000 Steam Wand Issues

Sunbeam EM7000 Steam Wand Issues

I have owned a Sunbeam EM7000 for a few years now and all of a sudden after shutting off the steam it continues to flow out of the wand for about 10 seconds before the steam stops. I would appreciate any advice regarding this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Outnabout View Post
    I have owned a Sunbeam EM7000 for a few years now and all of a sudden after shutting off the steam it continues to flow out of the wand for about 10 seconds before the steam stops. I would appreciate any advice regarding this problem.
    Thereís possibly a little bit of scale stuck inside the valve, or it wonít close properly for some other reason. It can be fixed, but you need to get inside the machine. Thatís something you can do yourself if youíre so inclined. If youíre not particularly handy youíll need to take it in somewhere for repair.

I pulled apart one of my spare EM6910 steam valves. I believe the EM7000 ones are the same. As you can see in the photo below thereís two o-rings inside that may need to be replaced on yours. The tip of the internal shaft can also get some scale stuck on it as I mentioned above. These are the two most likely causes of your issue. Either way youíll probably need to get the valve out and open it up.