Thread: Jim Gaunt's PID Installation Kit (CD & PDF File) for Rancilio Silvia V1/2

Question Jim Gaunt's PID Installation Kit (CD & PDF File) for Rancilio Silvia V1/2

Hi all.

After many years of my Rancilio Silvia (V1) and grinder being in storage while working OS I'm now home permanently and have started on refurbishing my Silvia and Rocky.

I had thought about simply upgrading to a new machine but in all honesty, despite being purchased in 2005/6 along with Jim Gault's Watlow 96 PID kit, they have really only had 2 - 3 years of light use before going into storage. So I decided to refurbish both the Silvia (replace seals, o-rings, update the Watlow to also control steam temp, fit a pressure gauge and insulate the boiler and piping) and on the Rocky replace a doser spring - interstingly the burrs are still in excellant condition.

Now to my diemna - I have searched high and low at home for the PID Installation Kit (CD & Installation PDF) Jim supplied when I purchased his Watlow 96A kit but to no avail. So then began my search via google.com and found heaps of files for Auber and other PID's. I have accessed PID files from here (Warren Williams PID installation), files on PID control for Rancilio Silvia kit and parts only for Miss Silvia espresso machine modification and even sent several emails to the last known email address of Jim Gaunt (2013) but again to no avail.

So desperately looking for some one who may still have access to the Jim Gault's (MLG Properties) PID Installation Kit (CD & or Installation PDF) that I can borrow (or obtain a copy of) or know where I can get a copy of same. My current setup consists of a Nov, 2005 Silvia (with adjustable OPV), Watlow 96A PID, Crydom D2425 SSR, Idec RH2B-U Relay and Jim's own Thermocouple.

Hope someone out there can be of assistance

Jaski39

Have you tried the WayBackMachine? If not give it a go.

Java "Ya never know what you may find" phile
    Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Many thanks - will give it a go.