Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Rawshack
  • 1 Post By WarrenK
  • 1 Post By KizZ84
  • 1 Post By Rawshack
  • 1 Post By Yelta

Thread: Sunbeam EM7000 - Thoughts

Sunbeam EM7000 - Thoughts

Hi folks, I've seen a few people on here mention this machine... After recent experience I have been inclined to stay away from high street brands, but I have a JB credit note burning a hole in my wallet and wanted to know the thoughts of anyone who has owned/used one?

Would you recommend it?

Cheers

R
    KizZ84 likes this.

I suggest you go into your local library and read the latest Choice coffee machine and grinder tests, the Sunbeam is listed favourably, but did not recommended the model which uses capsules as well .
    KizZ84 likes this.

I have one that I bought second hand. Got two and a half years trouble free, 2-3 uses a day out of it. Very quiet machine and I've happily forked over for the repair bill now to keep her going.

Brand new should give you significantly more reliable service than mine did, but at least when something does go wrong, parts are readily available!
    Rawshack likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenK View Post
    I suggest you go into your local library and read the latest Choice coffee machine and grinder testswell .
    I don't wish to appear churlish, but doesn't that render this forum somewhat redundant if you only ever suggest reading a choice review..? I haven't been a member of this board long enough to guess as if you're trolling or not, but as I think I said on my other thread, I'm keen to hear from real people who have actually used the machine, preferrably for some time

Anyway, thanks for your 'choice' suggestion.
    KizZ84 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawshack View Post
    I don't wish to appear churlish, but doesn't that render this forum somewhat redundant if you only ever suggest reading a choice review..? I haven't been a member of this board long enough to guess as if you're trolling or not, but as I think I said on my other thread, I'm keen to hear from real people who have actually used the machine, preferrably for some time

Anyway, thanks for your 'choice' suggestion.
    G'Day Rawshack, welcome to Coffee Snobs.

Suggest having a read through this thread http://coffeesnobs.com.au/brewing-eq...-feedback.html quite a bit of info to digest.

Some seem to get on well with the EM7000, others not so much.

Seems to me it's the tinkerer/handyman type who manages to keep them running, successfully.

Choice does tend to target the consumer of lower end appliances, you can tell by the way reviews are written they're well out of their depth when it comes to higher end machines.
    Rawshack likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Yelta View Post
    G'Day Rawshack, welcome to Coffee Snobs.

Suggest having a read through this thread http://coffeesnobs.com.au/brewing-eq...-feedback.html quite a bit of info to digest.

Some seem to get on well with the EM7000, others not so much.

Seems to me it's the tinkerer/handyman type who manages to keep them running, successfully.

Choice does tend to target the consumer of lower end appliances, you can tell by the way reviews are written they're well out of their depth when it comes to higher end machines.
    Thanks Yelta for the reply

I've always been sceptical of big brand coffee machines, probably for no other reason than my inherent snobbery, but the Breville Duo Temp I bought a couple of years ago only reinforced my preconceptions.

I had a Gaggia Classic for 8 or so years that was always reliable (hence my other thread) and I'm wondering if, for the money I have, another one of those isn't a good starting point.

Thanks Yelta for the reply

I've always been sceptical of big brand coffee machines, probably for no other reason than my inherent snobbery, but the Breville Duo Temp I bought a couple of years ago only reinforced my preconceptions.

I had a Gaggia Classic for 8 or so years that was always reliable (hence my other thread) and I'm wondering if, for the money I have, another one of those isn't a good starting point.
    Could well be, I've heard good things about Gaggia machines.

Quote Originally Posted by Yelta View Post
    Could well be, I've heard good things about Gaggia machines.
    I liked mine a lot, but I seem to read mixed things about them on here. Apparently changing the steam wand and installing a PID are musts though.

Ideal world I'd upgrade to a Silvia, but not sure the budget can stretch to it, unless I can find one on the for sale board here.

Ideal world I'd upgrade to a Silvia, but not sure the budget can stretch to it, unless I can find one on the for sale board here.
    They show up pretty regularly.