Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Results 201 to 216 of 216
Like Tree335Likes

Thread: Pimping up your gear with wood

  1. #201
    Member Charlie4coffee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    37
    Thanks very much Leon,
    There is no rush, enjoy your break. I will also be away for work a couple of weeks but on my return I will try the technique you suggested. Cannot wait!

    Cheers Hoggers, if the other method does not work I will resort to a friend with a vice .

    Cheers
    Charlie
    Hoggers likes this.

  2. #202
    Site Sponsor Wilcox_Custom_Coffee_Parts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Perth, WA
    Posts
    197
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoggers View Post
    Hi Leon... welcome back and hope you feel nice and rested.

    Charlie... I had the same problem with my portafilter handle and no amount of praying to the gods was going to make it part ways with the handle.
    I ended up sticking it in a vice and it came away easily.

    Not sure if you have tried that but it worked for me. I think I just needed something to really grip and hold the handle still to break the grip of the glue.

    Tassie Blackwood handle now fitted and looks amazing.
    Hi Hoggers , yes a vice is also a good idea. The handle looks great with the bottomless head ☺

    cheers Leon
    Hoggers likes this.

  3. #203
    Site Sponsor Wilcox_Custom_Coffee_Parts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Perth, WA
    Posts
    197
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie4coffee View Post
    Thanks very much Leon,
    There is no rush, enjoy your break. I will also be away for work a couple of weeks but on my return I will try the technique you suggested. Cannot wait!

    Cheers Hoggers, if the other method does not work I will resort to a friend with a vice .

    Cheers
    Charlie
    No worries Charlie. It is a good feeling when you start to see them coming loose ☺ cheers Leon

  4. #204
    Site Sponsor Wilcox_Custom_Coffee_Parts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Perth, WA
    Posts
    197
    Here is a shot of a recent Olivewood Rocket Giotto set for a Canadian customer

    Dimal, Jono_Willmer and Hoggers like this.

  5. #205
    Site Sponsor Wilcox_Custom_Coffee_Parts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Perth, WA
    Posts
    197
    These handmade sets have been made using Old Growth Jarrah which is my personal favourite wood to work a with as it has a nice chocolatey colour and smells like cocoa when sanding. The wood also finishes with a lot of rich hues.

    I make everything to order and if time permits occasionally I make extra parts and build them up over time and will have some available premade as Christmas approaches including these which are available now.

    The following sets are designed for a Lelit Model PL62S, Profited Pro 700 & 800 and a Rocket Giotto.
    Last edited by Wilcox_Custom_Coffee_Parts; 3 Weeks Ago at 02:03 PM.

  6. #206
    Site Sponsor Wilcox_Custom_Coffee_Parts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Perth, WA
    Posts
    197
    This set is made for the Profitec Pro 500 & 700 models and features a La Pavoni style portafilter handle

  7. #207
    Site Sponsor Wilcox_Custom_Coffee_Parts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Perth, WA
    Posts
    197
    Profitec Pro 800 handmade in Old Growth Jarrah

  8. #208
    Site Sponsor Wilcox_Custom_Coffee_Parts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Perth, WA
    Posts
    197
    Here is the Rocket Giotto Handmade Set

    Last edited by Wilcox_Custom_Coffee_Parts; 3 Weeks Ago at 02:02 PM.

  9. #209
    Site Sponsor Wilcox_Custom_Coffee_Parts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Perth, WA
    Posts
    197
    Lastly here are two styles of Slayer designs I came up with recently. The handles are made robust and fatter than the originals to accommodate the larger M12 bolts and are fairly heavy.

    Last edited by Wilcox_Custom_Coffee_Parts; 3 Weeks Ago at 02:01 PM.
    Dimal likes this.

  10. #210
    Site Sponsor Wilcox_Custom_Coffee_Parts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Perth, WA
    Posts
    197
    Here are some newly machined stainless steel caps made for a new range of ECM part sets I am working on.
    Dimal and Caps like this.

  11. #211
    Site Sponsor Wilcox_Custom_Coffee_Parts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Perth, WA
    Posts
    197
    Here is a full bling Let handmade set made from Old Growth Jarrah and stainless steel accents

    Dimal likes this.

  12. #212
    Site Sponsor Wilcox_Custom_Coffee_Parts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Perth, WA
    Posts
    197
    This is a full handmade Sheoak Rocket R58 coffee parts set made with matching portafilter handles.


    Dimal likes this.

  13. #213
    Site Sponsor Wilcox_Custom_Coffee_Parts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Perth, WA
    Posts
    197
    The same R58 style set in Old Growth Jarrah

    Dimal likes this.

  14. #214
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    460

    Wilcox-pimped Lambro

    I want to thank Leon for the monumental (utterly bespoke!!!) work that he did for me for my Faema Lambro.

    Many, many e-mails went back and forth across the country in an effort to attain results that are keeping with the traditional Faema handles yet allow many different combinations in appearance.

    Leon made 2 sets with 2 different types of wood..one was found in an old goldfield area (the lighter colour wood) and the other is old growth Jarrah. There are 2 different finishes of metal end caps for the lever handle and the portafilter handle...stainless and a brass anodised stainless.

    All parts are interchangeable so I can have brass or stainless caps on either wood.

    The tap handles have an insert of turned wood that actually threads onto the machine's tap spindles (ingenious!) that can be mixed and matched too. I can even have an old Jarrah tap handle with a goldfield insert!

    Leon made a metal fitting that allowed the handle to fit onto the lever and accept the metal caps...both having different threads (removed and shown in the attachment).

    There was so much communication and so many decisions that we made via e-mail and the occasional phone call...but the picture reveals all.

    I am really happy with the results!

    Leon...I tip my hat to you!!! Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dimal and Magic_Matt like this.

  15. #215
    Senior Member Jono_Willmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    342
    Quote Originally Posted by Paolo View Post
    I want to thank Leon for the monumental (utterly bespoke!!!) work that he did for me for my Faema Lambro.

    Many, many e-mails went back and forth across the country in an effort to attain results that are keeping with the traditional Faema handles yet allow many different combinations in appearance.

    Leon made 2 sets with 2 different types of wood..one was found in an old goldfield area (the lighter colour wood) and the other is old growth Jarrah. There are 2 different finishes of metal end caps for the lever handle and the portafilter handle...stainless and a brass anodised stainless.

    All parts are interchangeable so I can have brass or stainless caps on either wood.

    The tap handles have an insert of turned wood that actually threads onto the machine's tap spindles (ingenious!) that can be mixed and matched too. I can even have an old Jarrah tap handle with a goldfield insert!

    Leon made a metal fitting that allowed the handle to fit onto the lever and accept the metal caps...both having different threads (removed and shown in the attachment).

    There was so much communication and so many decisions that we made via e-mail and the occasional phone call...but the picture reveals all.

    I am really happy with the results!

    Leon...I tip my hat to you!!! Thanks.
    Very beautifully made great stuff, good to see this.

  16. #216
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    106
    Behmor Brazen - $249 - Free Freight
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilcox_Custom_Coffee_Parts View Post
    Here are some newly machined stainless steel caps made for a new range of ECM part sets I am working on.
    Yes please!
    Jono_Willmer likes this.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •