Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CoffeeHack

Thread: Lloydh

Lloydh

I am a complete newbie and today I take delivery of our Lelit Diana DB and Lelit PL 4 3 mmi grinder having had no experience at all I will be on a very steep learning curve so I will probably be hounding this forum over the next few week.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloydh View Post
    I am a complete newbie and today I take delivery of our Lelit Diana DB and Lelit PL 4 3 mmi grinder having had no experience at all I will be on a very steep learning curve so I will probably be hounding this forum over the next few week.
    Congratulations on your new toys Lloydh.

Someone more knowledgeable will be along with good advice sometime. I'll be interested to hear how you go with it.

One option is to do a one-day "barista" course at a hospitality school or similar - you'll learn on commercial equipment but it will give the base skills needed to get you up & running on the Lelit gear.

Or if your machine & grinder were sourced from a reputable local business (hopefully a CS sponsor!) they may be able to take you through the coffee making fundamentals.

Another options is to become friendly with an actual barista at your local cafe if possible - during quiet times I'm sure they'll be happy to go through the grind, tamp, extract & milk steaming fundamentals.

Other than that I'm sure there is plenty of advice on Youtube. As long as you're committed to sourcing & correctly storing fresh beans and practice a good machine cleaning/maintenance regimen you'll have no regrets. The water you put through the machine is also a factor - not just for taste but also for machine longevity (i.e. reducing scale in the boiler).

Good luck and keep us posted on your journey!
    Dimal likes this.