Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Casa Espresso
  • 1 Post By dps5791

Thread: ECM Giotto playing up.

ECM Giotto playing up.

Hi All,

Just a quick note here regarding my Giotto. It is about 12 years old and apart from the odd service call it has been great and I love it.

However, over the last few weeks it has become angry and refuses to heat up and the pump doesn't engage . After I flick the on/off switch several times and pull the lever up and down and jiggle things a bit it will usually click into life after a few goes, but it is obviously a fault that needs attention. Yesterday I thought it was dead but after many minutes of trying it sprung into life. On occasion it will stop extracting mid pour and the pump shuts off. (yes there is water in the tank!) I am hoping this is something minor like a faulty switch or something as I really don't want to start looking for a new machine. Does anyone out there have a clue what this fault could relate to, and if so any idea of repair cost. I would just like an idea before I send it off to the unknown.

Cheers

could be the control board.
    I had a giotto, also around 10 years old which started showing the same symptoms as yours. Ended up changing the control board and it was all good, a little while later, the pump also went, so also changed that over.

i believe the control boards are around $230

Quote Originally Posted by dps5791 View Post
    Hi All,

Just a quick note here regarding my Giotto. It is about 12 years old and apart from the odd service call it has been great and I love it.

However, over the last few weeks it has become angry and refuses to heat up and the pump doesn't engage . After I flick the on/off switch several times and pull the lever up and down and jiggle things a bit it will usually click into life after a few goes, but it is obviously a fault that needs attention. Yesterday I thought it was dead but after many minutes of trying it sprung into life. On occasion it will stop extracting mid pour and the pump shuts off. (yes there is water in the tank!) I am hoping this is something minor like a faulty switch or something as I really don't want to start looking for a new machine. Does anyone out there have a clue what this fault could relate to, and if so any idea of repair cost. I would just like an idea before I send it off to the unknown.

Cheers
    Hi

lots of variables there on what it could be.

Rather then chasing your tail I would recommend taking it to a service centre.

Where about are you located?

Regards

Antony

On the Gold Coast.

Quote Originally Posted by dps5791 View Post
    On the Gold Coast.

Try Silipo Coffee (site sponsor)

9/54 Bailey Cresent
    Southport QLD 4215

They have a service centre there.

Worth the advice if its just a $5 switch rather the a $300 control board

Cheers