Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Amandajayne
  • 1 Post By Mb21
  • 1 Post By Amandajayne

Thread: Breville oracle reviews please

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    24

    Breville oracle reviews please

    Hi everyone I'm 99% sure I'm going to buy the Oracle ( leaning towards the black one ) I had a lady at Sydney Myer make me a coffee from this machine on the weekend and it was amazing but would love to hear from anyone who has brought it and would you recommend getting the extended warranty. Thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    564
    Not worth it for the money. The dual boiler breville can be purchased for $800 and the top breville grinder can be purchased for $250. Even if you have your heart set on breville as a brand the max you should need to spend is around $1,000 inclusive of espresso machine and grinder. How much are they selling the oracle for?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    24
    They are $2000

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    564
    If you can reply to this thread with as much as you can about your maximum budget, type of drinks you want to make, experience, quantity of drinks you want to make per session etc... i am sure the forum participants will have some great alternatives to the oracle to suggest to you.....

  5. #5
    Senior Member Barry O'Speedwagon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    PRL
    Posts
    2,141
    So your budget has gone from $1500 to $2000? Sheesh, for that money you could get a decent HX (you still haven't told us what grinder you own?). Or just step back to the BDB plus grinder as per Melbroaster.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry O'Speedwagon View Post
    So your budget has gone from $1500 to $2000? Sheesh, for that money you could get a decent HX (you still haven't told us what grinder you own?). Or just step back to the BDB plus grinder as per Melbroaster.
    If I brought this coffee machine I would sell my sunbeam grinder, I really wanted the option of people that have actually brought this machine and yes for a decent machine I would pay $2000 😊
    matth3wh likes this.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Barry O'Speedwagon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    PRL
    Posts
    2,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Amandajayne View Post
    If I brought this coffee machine I would sell my sunbeam grinder, I really wanted the option of people that have actually brought this machine and yes for a decent machine I would pay $2000 ��
    I'm guessing you've probably seen the Oracle owner's thread. Anyway, if not, here it is:

    Breville Oracle Owners Thread BES980XL

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry O'Speedwagon View Post
    I'm guessing you've probably seen the Oracle owner's thread. Anyway, if not, here it is:

    Breville Oracle Owners Thread BES980XL
    Thanks Barry I'll have a look.... Was just after some recent reviews before I go ahead with purchase

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Central Coast NSW
    Posts
    90
    For that amount I would say go visit a shop in Sydney such as Jetblack Espresso and see what that money can really buy to compare. At the least, you can go visit a really coffee machine store Saturday and still buy the oracal on Sunday if your hearts still set on that.
    Coffee Machines Sydney, Coffee Machines Melbourne and Brisbane, Espresso Machines Sydney
    matth3wh likes this.

  10. #10
    Senior Member matth3wh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Mid North Coast NSW
    Posts
    637
    Hi AmandaJayne. In one of the other discussions you mentioned going to Sydney to look for a machine. Did you end up visiting any of the coffee machine sponsors of this site? (JetBlack/DiBartoli) ?

    Or were you already focusing in on the Breville so stuck to DJs/Myer?

    Life span seems to be a concern for some people with the Breville Oracle.

    Worth checking through the discussion topic Barry mentioned on CS here for the Oracle. The machine's appeal is perceived simplicity and tidyness.

    I've seen the Oracle sold for as low as around $1699 on special.

    If you do end up buying one then please please get some *non* supermarket beans. So many roasters out there in AU to try. Show them some love. They'll deliver to your door. CS and other sponsors selling good quality coffees to get you going.

    Best of luck with your hunt.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Central Coast NSW
    Posts
    90
    Haven't used the below and other will like have other/better ways to spend $2000 but just some ideas.

    Entry HX machine
    Nuova Simonelli Oscar II

    dual boiler
    Lelit Dual Boiler - PL60

    $500 spare to spend on Compak K3, Macap m2m, eureka Mignon.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    564
    Would look to package Oscar 2 + the best macap grinder the shop would include for your $2,000

  13. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Mb21 View Post
    Haven't used the below and other will like have other/better ways to spend $2000 but just some ideas.

    Entry HX machine
    Nuova Simonelli Oscar II

    dual boiler
    Lelit Dual Boiler - PL60

    $500 spare to spend on Compak K3, Macap m2m, eureka Mignon.
    so sorry I've just realised I posted this in the wrong price thread
    didnt get time to go to any coffee shops in Sydney but did get to Myer and looked at the orical
    to be honest I'm totally confused I have no idea what I should get I just want decent coffee on tap as I live in rural NSW and have to drive 50 mins to access " real coffee " 😂

  14. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    7
    I bought the 920 that's referred to as the dual boiler and got the smart grinder from Myers for $199. All up under a grand and does what the Oracle does for half the price.

    Go the BDB is my advice.

  15. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Beantheregroundthat View Post
    I bought the 920 that's referred to as the dual boiler and got the smart grinder from Myers for $199. All up under a grand and does what the Oracle does for half the price.

    Go the BDB is my advice.
    Thank you everyone.... after speaking with Paul from K Bean I have decided to make a he 5 hr trip to Melbourne and get the Lelit PL 60
    matth3wh likes this.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •