Results 1 to 17 of 17
Like Tree14Likes
  • 2 Post By MarkMarynaBris
  • 2 Post By mulquemi
  • 1 Post By doody21
  • 1 Post By kyeba
  • 1 Post By matth3wh
  • 1 Post By matth3wh
  • 1 Post By MarkMarynaBris
  • 1 Post By matth3wh
  • 2 Post By mulquemi
  • 2 Post By MarkMarynaBris

Thread: Bezzera BZ02

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    15

    Bezzera BZ02

    Hi everyone, I'm new to this site and just bought my first Bezzera,
    I paid $400 two weeks ago which I've recently found out is quite a good deal
    It's working very well I just need some advice on how to get the best out of it
    Dimal and matth3wh like this.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    15
    I'm having trouble getting good crema from my coffee, I'm letting it warm up for approx 10mins maybe this this not quite long enough

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    505
    Mark & Maryn,
    Top machine ,in my opinion....how did you get it so cheap?
    Poor crema production would suggest some possibilities:Not ground fine enough ,or not tempted firm enough,insufficient basket filling (5 cent rule!).
    One suggestion (presuming you have a suitable grinder) is to grind your beans fine enough to choke the flow/brew altogether then back off the fine grind to something that will flow through together with wonderful crema.
    Good brewing is always lots of playing around with the settings,good luck.
    I have a extremely old Bezzera with similar operational proformance and it heats in just five minutes,super clean inside though.
    Mick.
    Last edited by mulquemi; 20th March 2017 at 06:19 AM. Reason: Additional info
    Dimal and MarkMarynaBris like this.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkMarynaBris View Post
    I'm having trouble getting good crema from my coffee, I'm letting it warm up for approx 10mins maybe this this not quite long enough
    In your case, How many grams in your basket? How many grams came out and for how long in seconds?
    MarkMarynaBris likes this.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    256
    First question people will ask is, what beans are you using, are they roasted within 1-3 weeks?

    As this could be the problem if you're using old beans you won't get good or any crema.
    MarkMarynaBris likes this.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by kyeba View Post
    First question people will ask is, what beans are you using, are they roasted within 1-3 weeks?

    As this could be the problem if you're using old beans you won't get good or any crema.
    Ah this might be part of the problem, I used vittoria beans from Coles, I'll get some quality ones and make sure they're about a week old

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by doody21 View Post
    In your case, How many grams in your basket? How many grams came out and for how long in seconds?
    This I'm unsure of but once home I'll find out exactly

  8. #8
    Senior Member matth3wh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Mid North Coast NSW
    Posts
    742

    Bezzera BZ02

    Hi Mark Maryna

    I used to own one of these machines. Would certainly help to get it checked out.

    Luckily you have the Bezzera factory/repair centre in Brisbane (Gabba) to check it over.

    You can definitely get some good shots out of these machines but 1) have to keep coffee dose weight in basket down (or use a "naked"/cutaway group handle)

    2) need a decent grinder and decent beans to go with it.

    Where abouts are you based (in Bris)?
    MarkMarynaBris likes this.

  9. #9
    Senior Member matth3wh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Mid North Coast NSW
    Posts
    742
    Some useful upgrades for that machine are: * 2 or 3 tip steam hole to reduce the steaming speed a little. * Fully articulated steam arm (to let you move it around more easily in more directions).
    MarkMarynaBris likes this.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by mulquemi View Post
    Mark & Maryn,
    Top machine ,in my opinion....how did you get it so cheap?
    Poor crema production would suggest some possibilities:Not ground fine enough ,or not tempted firm enough,insufficient basket filling (5 cent rule!).
    One suggestion (presuming you have a suitable grinder) is to grind your beans fine enough to choke the flow/brew altogether then back off the fine grind to something that will flow through together with wonderful crema.
    Good brewing is always lots of playing around with the settings,good luck.
    I have a extremely old Bezzera with similar operational proformance and it heats in just five minutes,super clean inside though.
    Mick.
    Yes I got it on gumtree in Brissy, they originally wanted $495 I offered them $400 and they accepted,
    He said the machine was serviced once a year but as always it's hard to know if this was the case.
    My wife is using it now as I'm away working and seems to be finding it difficult to get right, I might drop it off for a service also to make sure all is operating 100% then try your ideas to get the best from it
    Also my grinder is a Breville smart would this be sufficient for it?
    matth3wh likes this.

  11. #11
    Senior Member matth3wh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Mid North Coast NSW
    Posts
    742
    The Breville smart grinder should do the job for you. These machines last a long time 12-15 years often surviving neglect. Best wishes with yours
    MarkMarynaBris likes this.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    505
    Hello again,
    One of my burr grinder is the smart grinder like yours,I think they are wonderful little machines,mine seems to just work so well and all of the time.
    For my work's staff room machines,I don't hesitate.....nothing except Aldi beans!!!,most people have little to say about Aldi beans but scorn!However the price ( despite what some would think ) these beans do produce a great coffee,we go through a power of bags of beans,tea/coffee fund is always a little wanting cash wise so cheap is good.
    Presently our staff room has a single group Bezzera and a single group "beach" Simonelli,both HX machines that simply draw from plastic 20 litre containers as these machines are meant to be plumbed in.
    Your Bezzera may do better with having a service although I reckon once you sort out the setting/technique you will achieve much improvement.
    My coffee grounds pop out as a firm biscuit with just a tap of the group handle into the waste,always with a faint imprint of the screw head (shower screen retaining screw), not sloppy nor too dry.This is one indication that my technique is correct,the other being a thick honey flow with good cream.
    Perservere with adjusting your technique with attention to grind grain size,basket content quantity and tampering pressure,once you are getting close I'm confident you will see an improvement.
    Do purchase some freshly cooked beans,such a great step forward albeit with consistent technique,takes practice to get these great shots,with your beaut machine,you're almost there.
    cheers,
    Mick.
    Dimal and MarkMarynaBris like this.

  13. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by matth3wh View Post
    Hi Mark Maryna

    I used to own one of these machines. Would certainly help to get it checked out.

    Luckily you have the Bezzera factory/repair centre in Brisbane (Gabba) to check it over.

    You can definitely get some good shots out of these machines but 1) have to keep coffee dose weight in basket down (or use a "naked"/cutaway group handle)

    2) need a decent grinder and decent beans to go with it.

    Where abouts are you based (in Bris)?
    We're in Albany Creek, yes I've heard of the service shop at the Gabba
    Thanks for the info Matt

  14. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by matth3wh View Post
    Some useful upgrades for that machine are: * 2 or 3 tip steam hole to reduce the steaming speed a little. * Fully articulated steam arm (to let you move it around more easily in more directions).
    Hi Matt,

    Do you know a place online I can buy these upgrades as I'm keen to get them

    Thanks

  15. #15
    Senior Member matth3wh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Mid North Coast NSW
    Posts
    742

    Bezzera BZ02

    If you are handy and not afraid to pull panels and things off your machine and can do it yourself then contact Ofra / Renzo at Di Bartoli - very helpful and friendly CoffeeSnobs site sponsors. They'll get you the parts.

    If you'd rather have someone do it then the local Bezzera centre might be the better option for you.

  16. #16
    Senior Member matth3wh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Mid North Coast NSW
    Posts
    742

    Bezzera BZ02

    Di Bartoli Home Barista Centre

    Phone during trading hours: 02 9389 9892

    PM them here via CS or via Facebook.

    Equipment Sales: sales@dibartoli.com.au

    Technical Support: service@dibartoli.com.au

    The Bezzera factory / repair centre in Brisbane can also mail out parts.

  17. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by matth3wh View Post
    If you are handy and not afraid to pull panels and things off your machine and can do it yourself then contact Ofra / Renzo at Di Bartoli - very helpful and friendly CoffeeSnobs site sponsors. They'll get you the parts.

    If you'd rather have someone do it then the local Bezzera centre might be the better option for you.
    Hi Matt, thanks for the info,

    Di Bartoli have been very helpful at getting my machine running much better,

    Cheers

    Mark
    matth3wh and CoffeeHack like this.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •