Thread: Wega Mininova Double HX question

Wega Mininova Double HX question

a while ago I purchased a second hand Mininova EVD (vibe/volumetric). The Mininovas have both the hot water and the brew water running through their own heat exchangers.

I'm still trying to work out if this is a good design feature or not. The only way water can normally escape from the boiler would be via the steam valve, which would naturally leave every bit of sediment, scale etc inside the boiler, probably making it scale faster. It would also make the descaling process different to other machines.

Just curious as to other's thoughts, particularly those who have worked on double HX machines.

Cheers,

Matt

Hi Matt
    I like the look and feel of the Wega Mininova and have considered buying one - I am curious as to whether you ever reached a conclusion?
    Cheers
    Peter

Hi Peter,

i never reached a conclusion as such, but the Wega Mininova is definitely a nice, solid, well made unit. Mine is in daily use at work.

Regards,

Matt

It is the same setup as most except the heat exchanger appears to be integral to the boiler for the water that flows through the group head. Hot water just flows directly out the boiler when you turn on the tap and this is why you get flashing where the water gives off energy by releasing steam and drops in temperature to atmospheric boiling point of water.