Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By artman
  • 1 Post By level3ninja
  • 1 Post By malfiona

Thread: Water level indicator needed - bezerra galatea

Water level indicator needed - bezerra galatea

Hi guys, i presume this has been asked before but i tried a search and couldn't find it. I have a bezerra domus galatea (and love it!!!). It is a pain though to know when to fill it. And everything is stored on top, so i gotta pull everything off to find out what the water level is. Anyone got a smart way to retrofit a water level indicator please? I looked at a the carvavan water tank indicators, but though ti would ask here.

Doesn't it have a low level alarm? I had the galatea II and it had one. Ales had a small flap at rear of top tray for quick tank filling/inspection.

You could rig up a simple led and reed switch with magnet float?

Cheers
    Dimal likes this.

Hi Artman, it has a low level cutout, not an alarm. I was looking for something simple and easy to install that maybe someone has developed or adapted from somethng else for exactly the same reason.

Ahhh yes I remember now it doesn't give warning just cuts out. Which can be a pita mid shot!

From memory it used a floating magnet in the tank? You could rig up a small reed switch just above the cutout to give you warning, utilising the same magnetic float. You could use a AA battery and flashing led or small piezo buzzer and avoid the whole 240v thing. Depends how handy and inclined you are.

Cheers

Hey Artman. Actually that has given me a thought. Instead of a level indicator, yes i could do just a "warning level" indicator that sits above the tank level conductive bolt. Still open to suggestions of course.

How critical is the water level when it cuts out? Could you add an on delay timer to the existing cut out circuit that doesn't pass the signal on for say 30s? That would allow you to finish the shot at least.
    Magic_Matt likes this.

Ahhh yes, another good idea! Ther eis still about 20mm of level left in the bottom of the tank when it cuts out.
    Magic_Matt likes this.

I remember when going from the Faema E98 A1 to the bezzera I missed the low water warning. The Faema gave an initial warning then cut out with another warning with further water level drop.

Cheers

Hi

Use a U shaped plastic pipe as a water level indicator. Cut a small hole at the side of the water tank near its base.
    Use a plastic compression fitting from Jaycar to seal around a metre of very flexible plastic tube to that hole.
    Pass the tube down and out from under the bottom of the Galtea and then on the outside up the side where you can see it.
    The level in the ouside tube will be the same as in the tank.
    You will need enough slack in the tube to be able to pull up the tank to remove it for cleaning.

Code:
    Lid
    -----------------|<-- outer wall of Galtea
    |           |    | || <-- plastic tube 
    | ---level--|    | || <-- water level visible
    |         ==|=\  | ||
    |___________| || | ||
                  || | ||
                  || | ||
                  \=====/ comes out from under Galtea  

Thx Mike. Yeah, i like that one. I was thinking of going in from the top, but i think it would get in the way. In the side near the bottom is a good practical solution. Just have to get the fittings right so it doesn't leak. Yep, i think thats the go. Thx all.