Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By matth3wh

Thread: VBM domobar super elettronica dose pad issues..

VBM domobar super elettronica dose pad issues..

Hi guys, the manual button on my dose pad is starting to get a little sticky and the LED light occasionally works but has mainly stopped flashing for good.

Is there a way to check (with a basic multi meter) if my dose pad or Gicar control box is on its way out. Both parts are expensive but the dose pad is half the price as the Gicar control box, so I'm hoping to single out which part is causing the problem and avoid taking a stab in the dark.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Cheers,

Jack J.

Hi Jack

Hopefully the LED light issue leans it towards the cheaper dose pad repair.

Hopefully some techs that deal with these machines more can chime in.

Good luck.
    tampinator likes this.

Thanks matth3wh, based on the lack of feedback perhaps it isn't as simple as testing with a multi Meter.. might have to bite the bullet and go with a new dose pad, there is a place close by that repair cigar control boxes so that might be my plan B if the dose pad turns out not to be the culprit..

Where abouts do you live Jack?

Most sponsors here on CS do repairs/troubleshooting and servicing. Worth getting in contact with some close to you.

If you have no luck PM me and I may be able to find someone.

Quote Originally Posted by matth3wh View Post
    Where abouts do you live Jack?

Most sponsors here on CS do repairs/troubleshooting and servicing. Worth getting in contact with some close to you.

If you have no luck PM me and I may be able to find someone.
    South eastern suburbs of Victoria.. Ive had bad experiences with coffee machine repairers in the past (none were coffeesnobs sponsors though) which has led me to read and learn to do most diagnostics and repairs myself..
    I'd prefer to do that in this case but will definitely consider if my research comes up short..

Cheers!

Just in case anyone was wondering, I managed to find a place local which tests and repairs Gicar dose pads and control boxes. They tested both and ruled out it was the dose pad which needed repair. Normally they change $25.00 for testing and I was quoted $87.00 to repair the dose pad. I opted to leave the dose pad as it is as I've managed to source a new one elsewhere and the guy was nice enough to not charge me for testing..

If anyone is in a similar situation and wants to get their gicar control boxes repaired feel free to PM me for more info on the location etc.

Cheers,

Jack J.