• 1 Post By artman
  • 1 Post By Casa Espresso
  • 2 Post By Yelta
  • 1 Post By DT11
  • 3 Post By sammyco

Thread: Berezza Galatea Domus vs Berezza Galatea Domus II

Berezza Galatea Domus vs Berezza Galatea Domus II

Hi Everybody,

Long time reader, first time poster here :-) I've been researching espresso machines for a surprise wedding anniversary gift for hubby, and think I'm settled on the Berezza Galatea Domus. From all the great reading on this site and others, I've gathered that at this price range, it mainly comes down to little things like aesthetics. Our kitchen is pretty retro, and I quite like the styling of this machine, so that became the deciding factor (although I must say I think it would be nicer with more conventional top rails).

Now this is probably a stupid question (or perhaps just irrelevant to the Australian market), but in doing my researching I've come across a few references (mainly on Youtube clips) for Berezza Galatea Domus II. Does anyone have any insight into what the "II" might be referring to? I'm thinking it's something in the naming of overseas models (or water tank vs plumbed version perhaps) but the thought of there potentially being a newer/better model has me needing to ask the question before I bite the bullet and hit the buy now button. Despite Googling the heck out of it, I haven't been able to figure it out myself, so I'm hoping one of the helpful site sponsors or members may have the scoop.

Thanks, Sam.
    matth3wh likes this.

Welcome Sam...

You could try contacting Barazi Coffee Machines in Brisbane; they're the importers and should be able to help you...

Mal.
    Brewster likes this.

Thanks Mal - I'll do that
    matth3wh likes this.

The Galatea was my first machine - and she was beautiful ��

The only difference between the early model and the new model that I can see from my photos is that my early Galatea had one gauge and the the new Galatea has 2 gauges
    All specs are the same or similar

KK
    Brewster, Dimal and matth3wh like this.

Hi all First Post aswell,

Just wanted to say that I only just ordered a Galatea this week through Casa Espresso and it will be my first machine also Well first "real" machine anyway, I've currently got a cheap Delongi Dedica so this will be some upgrade!

Anyway I'm pretty sure the II refers to the new model which has 2 pressure gauges as apposed to 1.

Cheers,
    Justin

Yeah I had a II, yes it has another pressure guage for the brew pressure (not really required). I cant recall any other differences but from memory they were nothing significant (if any).

The styling (and finish) of the machine is fantastic, the quality likewise. Also has great usability many others dont have, like the flap at the back to fill the tank so you do not have to remove the entire cup tray (like I now need to do on the Alex Duetto).

Cheers
    Dimal likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PeakingRoast View Post
    I've currently got a cheap Delongi Dedica so this will be some upgrade!
    Haha, that's my upgrade as well

-----------------------------------------------

Thanks for all the replies. All the models on offer now seem to have the two gauges, so it seems as though the distinction isn't made anymore. Looking back at some of the YouTube clips I was referring to, I can see dates from 2010 to 2012, so this all makes sense.

It seems my mind is made up then!

Also when I was investigating previously, some shops had the stock photo of the older single gauge version which made it confusing.

Cheers

The current Galatea sold in Australia has the twin gauges.

I suspect, as mentioned , you have seen some old stock photos from overseas.

Bezzera are a fantastic and well established brand. Their build quality and finish is exceptional.

We have some pretty sharp pricing on the Galatea at the moment

https://www.casaespresso.com.au/bezzera-galatea.html

includes free delivery Australia wide

Cheers

Antony
    www.casaespresso.com.au
    Yelta likes this.

As an owner of a Galatea for the past nine years I will endorse the other comments in this thread.

Great machine, other than minor maintenance, trouble free, very user friendly, yes! makes excellent coffee shot after shot with seldom a failure.
    Casa Espresso and matth3wh like this.

I'll also endorse what others have said... I bought my Galatea earlier this year and have been thrilled with my purchase. To my eyes I think it looks stunning in our kitchen and is fun to use. It is however a bit noisy, but that's not insurmountable. We also have a contemporary style kitchen in a newish home, and we also have a retro style wood fired combustion cooker in the kitchen so the styling of the Galatea Domus actually complements it.

I also did a fair bit of internet homework before buying. The only other Bezzera Galatea model I noticed was the $12k two group professional machine that doesn't have "Domus" (i.e., domestic) in its' name. Another subtle difference on the Domus machines sold now like mine; is the steam and hot water wands have a distinct 90* elbow bends like most other brands do, not the gracefully swept curves of the wands in the stock photos on various websites.

If you go ahead with your purchase, I'm sure you won't be disappointed. It's a quality machine that's easy to use and easy to look after. The service and after sales advice I received from the Snobs sponsor I bought from, has been really good (and worth paying for), so perhaps bear that in mind when choosing where you purchase it.
    Casa Espresso likes this.

+1 Can attest to all the aforementioned compliments about the machine. I've got a '10 Galatea I, which only has the boiler guage. Picked it up second hand in excellent condition and it's fantastic. The shape is also very pleasing!

Thanks for all the helpful replies everyone. I went ahead with the Galatea, and all I can say is WOW! We are so happy with the purchase. After a bit of a learning curve, I am consistently making the best coffee I've EVER tasted. I'm actually struggling to enjoy coffee shop coffee these days Love the look of the machine. The quality and overall "polish" is amazing. Love it!
    Dimal, level3ninja and Rockford like this.